Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Power window switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sno White
Oh, please don't do that! These switches are "buttons" with the carbon pad contacts against "fingered" PCB traces.

It is better to take the switch apart and wipe clean the contacts with a clean cloth. The OP has the same problems we all have with the FOBs – having to press the buttons too hard when the contacts get old. Repairs can be handled much like the FOB buttons if needed.

See pictures of the "gold" contacts below in the first picture. Orientation of the first picture is with the right side towards the front of the vehicle. The second picture is the component side – it is a very busy board. This is only one of the two PCBs inside the door mounted window control switch.

Thanks for the tip and visual Sno White.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tyler Harvey
I gather you broke the rear tab? I guess that's what I'll have to do. What kind of tool did you use? Why do they make it so difficult? The two screws would have kept the assembly in place.
No, the rear tab is still there - just squashed a bit. I took the door panel completely off for other reasons

I think the rear tab is there to keep the switch assembly attached to the door panel during assembly when the two screws are not holding everything together.

If this is a problem for you, you may wish to take the complete door panel off. I'm not saying it will be easier, but you will see just what is going on.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:31 PM

Was there a good outcome to this? Both passenger side switches on the master panel are showing the same symptons as yours was.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:26 AM

how do you remove the door panel?
Old 10-21-2013, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LVJJJ
how do you remove the door panel?
By using the SEARCH tool at the top of the page and searching for 'door panel removal'. It's been discussed a fair bit already, and there is an article in the How-To section.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by whopper
By using the SEARCH tool at the top of the page and searching for 'door panel removal'. It's been discussed a fair bit already, and there is an article in the How-To section.
Thanks, how dumb of me, still feeling my way around as a newbie
Old 11-19-2013, 08:49 PM

have the same issue I bought my hhr used. the driver side switch stopped working. found the tabs that hold the switch body in place were broke allowing the cir board to drop and no pressure on the pads. used rtv to fasten and that was fixed.
now the passenger side button will allow win to go down but not go up. took apart and the button contacts are belled from pushing. I guess that is why it does not work. lifting the button up to roll up window has far less pressure and I guess it is not making contact
any ideas?
rather fix if possible does anyone know if back door switch is the same?
never use the back seat so if I rob that switch it would not matter.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:35 PM

They are probably the same. A good way to figure these things out is to to a GM Parts online site and check the pat numbers. nalleygmc.com, gmpartsoutlet.net, gmpartseast.com are a few of many.

Also good for assembly diagrams.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:43 AM

Good day.
Gentlemen, can anyone have a schematic diagram of the thread control module driver power window?
to be exact: express logic

and another question

may exist in the sale of Master Power Window Switch without automatic lowering driver window
Thank you. Sorry for bad english.

Last edited by manifest; 02-15-2014 at 12:06 PM. Reason: rectification
Old 02-15-2014, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by manifest
Good day.
Gentlemen, can anyone have a schematic diagram of the thread control module driver power window?
to be exact: express logic

and another question

may exist in the sale of Master Power Window Switch without automatic lowering driver window
Thank you. Sorry for bad english.
Don't know how you could get the logic schematic, those are usually Protected.

The driver window has a "toll" mode and a "normal" mode. It depends on how long you press the button. That is in the Owner Manual.

"Express-Down Window
The driver's window switch has an express-down
feature that allows the window to be lowered without
holding the switch. Press the switch part way, and the
driver's window will open a small amount. Press the
switch down all the way, release it, and the window will
go down automatically.
To stop the window while it is lowering, press and
release the top of, or pull up on the switch."

I think that's the question?

Quick Reply: Power window switch