Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

rear doors on panel

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 04:26 PM

rear doors on panel

Does anybody know if theres an adjustment for the rear doors on a panel to get them to pop open when you push the button....they will unlatch but you still need to have someone push on button while you pull them open..
Old 03-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Banned

Have you tried lubricating the doors? I know the panel that I looked at before buying, when the remote or the interior button was hit, the doors popped out about 6 inches IIRC, more than clearing the locking mechanism.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:38 PM

They all seem to have that problem. GM came out with a tsb to fix this.

I had it done to mine and it improved them but they still stick sometimes.

Here is the tsb. If you go to are official tsb thread post number 20 it will show pictures also

#09-08-64-001: Rear Side Cargo Door Not Opening With Button Activation (Add Washers to Check Link) - (Jan 5, 2009)

Subject: Rear Side Cargo Door Not Opening With Button Activation (Add Washers to Check Link)

Models: 2008-2009 Chevrolet HHR Panel Van

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some customers may comment that the rear side cargo door(s) intermittently will not release open upon first activation of the instrument panel (IP) buttons, or by using the key fob.

Cause
Assembly variation may be causing the door latch mechanism to stick or only release intermittently.

Correction
Note: Ensure that the door latch does react to the IP and key fob buttons, and that there is no drag between the latch and striker.

Remove the bolt (1) holding the rear side cargo door check link bracket to the "B" pillar.

Add a 2 mm thick washer (1), P/N 11609679, or equivalent, to the bolt. Slide the washer onward to rest against the outer surface of the bracket.

Position the check link bracket to the B pillar and reinstall the bolt.
Tighten
Tighten the bolt to 20 N·m (15 lb ft).

Verify that the door is releasing open upon first activation of the IP or key fob buttons. If the door is releasing properly, repair is complete. If the condition has NOT been corrected, continue on to step 5.
Remove the rear side cargo door interior trim panel. Refer to Rear Side Door Trim Panel Replacement in SI.
Pull the top front edge of the water deflector downward to gain access to the check link.

Remove the "B" pillar bolt (1) and the nuts (2) retaining the check link to the door.

Remove the check link through the inside of the door.

Add a 2 mm thick washer (1) , P/N 11609679, or equivalent, to each bolt on the check link (two total). Slide them onward to rest against the body of the check link.

Reinstall the check link through the inside of the door, and position the check link to the inner door frame.

Install the nuts (2) that retain the check link to the door.
Tighten
Tighten the nuts to 10 N·m (89 lb in).

Position the check link bracket to the "B" pillar and reinstall the bolt (1) with washer.
Tighten
Tighten the bolt to 20 N·m (15 lb ft).

Verify that the door is releasing open upon first activation of the IP or key fob buttons.
Install the door trim panel. Refer to Rear Side Door Trim Panel Replacement in SI.
Parts Information
Part Number Description Qty

11609679 Washer (2 mm thick) 10 per package
Old 03-09-2014, 11:42 PM

Huntmaster you have an 08 so you should have the door poppers on your key fob. That helps when the doors stick if you use you fob from out side to open the doors
Old 03-10-2014, 03:05 PM

Lucky...fob doesnt work...lol ...i need that too...doing a xfer case swap on my bronco this week...once thats out hhr is going in the barn...thanks guys for all of the help
Old 03-11-2014, 06:27 PM

Could it be that the used car lot put goo on the door gaskets to make them shiny (and sticky)?

What the heck does
"Lucky...fob doesnt work...lol ...i need that too...doing a xfer case swap on my bronco this week...once thats out hhr is going in the barn...thanks guys for all of the help"
mean?
Old 03-12-2014, 08:02 PM

It means ......mr donbrew.....thank you to the person with the name lucky ....my key fob is broken.....and i need to get one that works.....as its cold where i live .....i can not get the hhr in my garage......until i do a xfer case removal and repair on my bronco.....as space is limited .....but after that i sure as heck will pull the hhr in and go through it in the warmth of a heated building....and thank you all for for all of the helpful comments......i hope that broke it all down and made it understandable...
Old 03-13-2014, 06:08 PM

It seemed like a non-sequitur the first time, then ad-nauseum the second time. Then just nauseating the third time. I figured there was a reason you posted it twice, thus my question.

We don't all speak textish, and nobody I know can read minds from large distances.
LOL
Old 03-14-2014, 05:15 AM

Ooooohhh:...so this is an english class.....im sure lucky figured it out .....since i was realy talking to him........you can ALWAYS chose to NOT read or answer on anything i post....lmao...thats what most people would do......mr donbrew
Old 03-15-2014, 12:14 AM
Deceased

Why does everyone get so testy before the weekend?