Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Roof Side Rails/Cross Bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 04:30 AM

Roof Side Rails/Cross Bars

Question,
Has anyone purchased the cross bars for the roof side rails sold by GM? I was wondering if the cross bars are fully adjustable along the entire length of the side rails. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 07-16-2006, 11:47 AM

Check out the thread search I did HERE. You might find what you are looking for.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Check out the thread search I did HERE. You might find what you are looking for.

Link doesn't work.

John
Old 07-16-2006, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by john
Link doesn't work.

John
Well darn...try THIS one. Other one worked before. Sorry about that.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:34 PM

HERE are a couple things on eBay that might work. Don't know much about roof racks and prices, so I don't know if they are a good deal or not.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by darrylzx11
Question,
Has anyone purchased the cross bars for the roof side rails sold by GM? I was wondering if the cross bars are fully adjustable along the entire length of the side rails. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks
I gave up trying to use the factory rails and went with the Thule.
Like Deb said there are a number of threads already, so just do a search although I know it didn't seem to be working earlier this afternoon

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...?t=1607&page=2

Look for my post. If you have more questions send me an eMail or another post. I believe the factory rails are adjustable but I just didn't like them and now I just remove the whole basket and rails together. Oh, bye the way it looks like you just joined so welcome to the site, there are a great bunch of people who contribute and although we may not always agree you will always get a response to your questions
Old 07-17-2006, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by john 11
I gave up trying to use the factory rails and went with the Thule.
Like Deb said there are a number of threads already, so just do a search although I know it didn't seem to be working earlier this afternoon

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...?t=1607&page=2

Look for my post. If you have more questions send me an eMail or another post. I believe the factory rails are adjustable but I just didn't like them and now I just remove the whole basket and rails together. Oh, bye the way it looks like you just joined so welcome to the site, there are a great bunch of people who contribute and although we may not always agree you will always get a response to your questions
Hey John,
Thanks for the welcome to the site...it certainly looks great and I'm happy I found it! A question for you...when you say you gave up on the factory rails, what problems were you having?
Thanks,
Darryl
Old 07-17-2006, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by darrylzx11
Hey John,
Thanks for the welcome to the site...it certainly looks great and I'm happy I found it! A question for you...when you say you gave up on the factory rails, what problems were you having?
Thanks,
Darryl

Darryl
I had my dealer order an OEM set for the HHR and I took them home to put them on. They were the wrong ones so I returned them and told them to order another set. Well, I am not sure they ever ordered another set because when I went back to the dealer they tried to put the same set back on. They were setting to high on the roof and at the wrong angle. I just think someone in the assembly line when they put the package together picked up a wrong component, because the bars looked fine it was the rail connectors that were the wrong part. I am now happy it did not work out because the Thule cross rails I got are much stronger and I really like the way they wrap around the entire side rail. We only use the basket in the summer so the rest of the year I just remove the entire assembly as one piece. There is a thread on another forum where I guy did put on the factory rails.

http://www.hhrclub.org/gforum.cgi?do...;so=ASC;mh=25;

I hope this helps.