Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Seat Play Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 02:02 PM

Seat Play Issue?

Howdy y'all,

I'm just wondering if anyone else has a similar issue or has corrected this issue.

I have a 2006 HHR LT with a power leather drivers seat. My HHR has just under 60,000km (37,000miles) and I've noticed some play in my drivers seat.

When I'm sitting in the seat it will rock up and down slightly. At first I thought the problem was isolated to the seat back moving slightly back and forth but I've now realized it is the entire seat. The problem is not associated with the seat sliding back and forth along the track but rather the seat with pivot around some anchor point in the rear. If I push back while sitting in the seat (or if I accelerate) the seatback will move back slightly at the shoulder level (recline) and the front part of the seat bottom will raise slightly. When this happens I can put some weight on the front part of the seat bottom and the seat will rock back into position (this can also happen under braking.)

Can anyone provide some support with respect to what I should check out? Could this be a problem where the seat track bolts to the floor? Could this be a problem in the seat frame somewhere? Has any experienced this who can provide some information?

Thanks very much.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:07 PM

I had the same thing happen with mine when I first brought it home. I called the dealer and asked them about it and they said they removed the seat to detail it and probably didn't tighten the bolts down enough. I tightened it up and haven't had the problem since
Old 09-04-2009, 03:41 PM

Interesting. Thank I will check the bolts to see if they are loose. I believe my seat was taken out about a year ago when my car was in the body shop for repairs from a side impact accident. That could very well be the cause of my problem.