Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Service Airbag Light/alarm

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 08:04 AM

Service Airbag Light/alarm

It seems I have an airbag issue.
I just wanted to see what you guys think before I take it in.

Last week i noticed I had a brake light out, but couldn't remember which one when I went to replace it. I had my son step on the brake pedal while I looked. Only the center lamp went on. Odd, I thought.
So I checked the fuse box and all seemed fine.
Only later did I realize the car needed to be running for all 3 lamps to be on. It was only the driver side only that was out.
I replaced it, and the next time I started the car, the SERVICE AIRBAG ALARM and light came on. It must be for the Passenger Airbag, because that does not say ON when someone sits in that seat.
I saw a thread on here about fuse box or wiring issues relating to the Passenger airbag.
Anything I should check before I take it in?
All fuses seem to be OK.

Thanks,

Joe
Old 08-20-2010, 08:48 PM

Mine just had this issue, I did a search anf found a wealth of info on the subject, gonna take it to dealer in the morning and get it checked out, Justa want to say thanks to chvymgr for the info posted, hopefully this will help with the problem
Old 08-21-2010, 08:22 AM

One thing that is coming up that I don't think is in the TSB thread is the connectors in the B pillars are needing electrical grease put in them as they are not making good connections and are setting the Airbag Service lights on. It may be the same in other connectors or even may be one of the other TSB's out.

Either way they should be able to fix it fast. If the light came on it set a code and if it stays on it is a hard code and will be easy to fix.