Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

USB Port Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Deke40
Got about 5 miles out of town on my vacation and the Centon quit working and my radio switched to the radio.

Tried the 4GB PNYs and they both worked all of the 2500 miles except one time it quit but soon as I started it back up it was ok.

Hope this keeps up as I am over 38K and the bumper to bumper is gone.

I averaged anywhere from 28 to 30MPG on the trip and might just keep
the HHR for a couple more years.
That sucks. The Centons are working for me without fail. I have tried PNY's and they never worked,though they worked for others on here. Wierd. As I said, the USB system on this car is a joke. I hit 45,000 on my 09 SS and I average 26 mpg o nthe highway. I am counting the days until I can sell this car and say goodbye to it.....
Old 05-05-2011, 02:52 PM

Going to see if the USB will work again on a long trip.

Leaving Saturday morning for N.M. Az., Utah and Co.
Should be right at 3000 more miles on the HHR.

Going to need a set of tires when I get back so I might
trade it off on the Outback.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Deke40
Going to see if the USB will work again on a long trip.

Leaving Saturday morning for N.M. Az., Utah and Co.
Should be right at 3000 more miles on the HHR.

Going to need a set of tires when I get back so I might
trade it off on the Outback.
Im debating on the Outback or the KIA Soul Sport. Love the Outback but dont really want another large car payment. The loaded Outback is $30,000. I still owe $18,000 on my 2 year old SS and trade in right now is $12,500. Ugh......at that rate, next year the car will be worthless.......
Old 05-05-2011, 06:51 PM

gmdealerguy,
If you ever take the radio bezel off, can you give me your radio part number?

Thanks,
Old 05-05-2011, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by gmdealerguy
Im debating on the Outback or the KIA Soul Sport. Love the Outback but dont really want another large car payment. The loaded Outback is $30,000. I still owe $18,000 on my 2 year old SS and trade in right now is $12,500. Ugh......at that rate, next year the car will be worthless.......
I know what you mean. Mine was paid for when I left the dealer and it will be 2 years I have had it in July. They offered me 10K trade in about 3 months ago.

They had an 08 SS with 5700 miles on it and I could have got it for 16K but when I told the wife it had a turo and 250HP she talked me out of it.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:26 AM

My issues with my USB tend to be dead spots on the drives them selves. When I find the spot on the album that causes the stop, I just skip over that album and things are good.

The down side is I can not listen to Fly Like an Eagle at 85mph.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by TX-2LT
My issues with my USB tend to be dead spots on the drives them selves. When I find the spot on the album that causes the stop, I just skip over that album and things are good.

The down side is I can not listen to Fly Like an Eagle at 85mph.
I'm in the middle of a long road trip. The USB port is the problem with mine. Every 17 minutes the song being played tends to skip/goes dead and does this for about 5-10 seconds.
I can scan back and replay the song again and there is no problem. Every stick that I have tried has done the same thing. I've put up with this for the past three days. When I get back home I am going to the Dealer to get the unit replaced. It is still under warranty for a couple of months yet. I have other issues with this unit also, but I think they are operator error.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:02 PM

My USB has had intermittent drop outs since the car was new.

For the last 3 months it had worked with very little problems. Yesterday
it started dropping out one time after another. You might know this would happen when I had just ordered 9 new cds and even bought an external
drive, as the one on my laptop would only rip some of the cds, instead of going over to Bestbuy to rip them.

I am just about fed up enough to trade the HHR off if the trade wasn't so bad and I just put $800 worth of Bridgestones on it.

I would get a good IPod but from what I have heard the problem is with the USB port so I would have the same problem. I can use my P2 through the RCA jack but then I would have to turn it off evertime or leave it running all the time and wouldn't have the song info right there
in front of me.

That Jetta Sports Wagon or the Suburu Outback I looked at are looking
better and better.

What ticks me off is the HHR has been trouble free for 47k miles except for the USB problems.

Thank for listening to my rant I feel better already.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:04 AM

Deke40,

I have read through the entire thread about your situation with your HHR. I can understand how frustrating this can be.

As I was reading through the thread, I didn't see you post any comments about visiting the dealership when you were within your Bumper To Bumper warranty for this situation. Did I miss this information or did you not take the vehicle in for diagnosis for this?

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-26-2011, 09:17 AM

We'll see in a little bit.

I have an appointment with my dealer in a couple of hours. We'll see what they can do to try and fix this problem that I'm having.

Quick Reply: USB Port Problems