Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Water leaks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 07:25 AM

Excellent photos and suggestions, Briand. And I like your idea of creating a short thread with just the problem and the way to fix it-trying to go through 39 pages is crazy. I have a lot to go through on my car now-just need to find the time.

I park on an incline with the back of my car lower than the front-I can't find the back drains for the sunroof. They must be there, because the car just started with the leak.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:53 PM

I don't have a sunroof, so I have only skimmed this thread. It seems to be worth noting that there are pieces of tubing spliced together in the drain system, so you probably need to be careful when pushing things through it.

Here's a link to a diagram of the sunroof assembly.

http://www.gmpartsoutlet.net/stores/...sC/CH06380.gif
Old 01-10-2014, 05:15 PM

Raising from the dead here,

Looks like I'm having this same issue in my 2009 SS. When I get home tonight I am going to investigate further and dry out the interior as long as it's not raining. If I can get it fixed and not have to take a trip back up to carmax I would prefer that since it's an hour and a half drive but. There service department isn't open on weekend so Im going to mess with it first before going that route. I still got 30 days no deductible warranty on it before the extended kicks in.

Here is mine from earlier today.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:48 AM

Sorry but I should have posted sooner. A couple of months ago I took my HHR to my friends shop that does race car fabrication. He is a great problem solver. He tried to blow out the drain from the top around the sunroof, and the mud/grime/crap was packed so tight on the other end that it blew the rubber pieces right off. They are located by the front door hinge. Once we cleaned out both sides, no more water in the car!!!!! And to think of all the time I wasted pulling off the cowl and resealing the rubber piece there.....which did not solve the problem anyhow.

What a relief, finally!
Old 10-14-2014, 12:17 PM

I've got a water leak now! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

What's up everyone! Yesterday we had over 5 inches of rain hit us and this morning When I moved my driver side floor mat I had a small puddle of water in the corner under the accelerator pedal (car was parked with nose pointing downhill and slanting to the right). Everything above is not wet at all, it's only the flat area. I pulled back the carpet and noticed it had more wetness on the metal under the floor near the kick plate. I pulled the panel off and noticed a large hole that is covered with a rubber grommet and behind that a clear drain tube is visible. I pulled that tube out easily and it just sits in there. Is that a proper drain area for that or is it suppose to route somewhere to the outside? Right now it's just behind the grommet sitting in this hole. I don't have a pic, sorry.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:33 PM

Did you read any of the preceding 40 pages?

Maybe it's been addressed already. If not, provide details like year, model and equipment(sunroof).
Old 10-14-2014, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Did you read any of the preceding 40 pages?

Maybe it's been addressed already. If not, provide details like year, model and equipment(sunroof).
I've been reading as much as I can, donbrew. Haven't got through all of it yet. Saw some images from passenger side but not of driver side. IIRC it's the Webasto Hollandia 700 sunroof.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:47 PM

Good luck. Sounds like an after market sunroof, doubtful anybody else had one.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:49 PM
Banned

Definitely aftermarket. Definitely likely no one else has one.

If it was not properly installed, then I suspect that as being the problem.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:59 PM

Ugh, dangit! I've never had problems with water until today. Maybe I can find some time (lol, yea right!) to pull it all back again and really get in there and figure it out. Perhaps it's time to trade it off. Seems like I get one thing fixed and another problem occurs immediately after. SMH.

Quick Reply: Water leaks?