Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

wet driver's side floor.....anyone???

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 09:03 AM

wet driver's side floor.....anyone???

found out that leaving the SS out in heavy rain was not a good idea, or was it??? had a massive wet floor mat and carpet underneath. had posted on tooter1's thread, but thought I start another to see if anyone else has had leaks on the driver's side??
tooter1 also sent me a TSB on leaks https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-tutorial-library-21/fixed-my-water-leak-last-night-14263/
which I have to reread to help track down this leak. now in the many times I have been driving in the rain, no leak at all. but being down the shore last week, we had heavy rain on Tuesday and when we came home on Friday, in the afternoon and night. so it happen jsut sitting there, there has to be some weatherstrip or something that is causing this, so any other thoughts or ideas are welcome.....and thanks again tooter1 for your help
Old 09-14-2008, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by SSROADSTER
found out that leaving the SS out in heavy rain was not a good idea, or was it??? had a massive wet floor mat and carpet underneath. had posted on tooter1's thread, but thought I start another to see if anyone else has had leaks on the driver's side??
tooter1 also sent me a TSB on leaks https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14263
which I have to reread to help track down this leak. now in the many times I have been driving in the rain, no leak at all. but being down the shore last week, we had heavy rain on Tuesday and when we came home on Friday, in the afternoon and night. so it happen jsut sitting there, there has to be some weatherstrip or something that is causing this, so any other thoughts or ideas are welcome.....and thanks again tooter1 for your help
try this

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ighlight=floor
Old 09-14-2008, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
thanks, I missed that thread, sounds just like mine, so maybe his solution will be for me .....thanks again.................Tom
Old 09-14-2008, 11:39 AM

pic posted...no solution yet!!!

here are some pics....
pic #1 shows tab on passenger side at base of windshield

pic #2 shows tab on driver side is misssing

pic #3 shows cover off, and opening on pasenger side...no butyl cover like on tooer1's HHR
no signs of any cover ever there!!!

pic #4 another view

pic #5 view from driver's side top of windshield as it curves, where weatherstripping meets
as you can see, a small opening there
Attached Images      
Old 09-14-2008, 11:46 AM

more pics

more.....

pic #6 another view of RS opening, again no signs of any cover ever there

pic #7 driver's side view of wiper area, don't know the purpose of this part, but ran water over it and it empties underneath of the vehicle.....

pic #8 close up view of cabin filter, shows no signs of ever being wet....so I would imagine that the butyl cover has no effect of water being held back, at least on this vehicle....I know water can run and finds the easiest path, but so far no luck....

also checked under the dash for any moist and wet spots, and there are none.....looked at firewall best that I could, nothing....we shall see......
Attached Images    
Old 09-14-2008, 02:26 PM

omg...wtf is going on??? Absolute pure BS that anyone has to put or deal with this...come on GM...no wonder....jeeesh

Goose
Old 09-14-2008, 02:37 PM

That design is different from mine, on the pass. side.