Racing Discussion Race Track Victories - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

My HHR SS claims its first kill

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by BigMOCats
Kingsville ON? Is that Canada? Isn't everything an import up there?
NO the truth is Canada exports 90% of the vehicles it makes to the U.S.
you just never no what you might learn by the end of the day.

Jan 22, 2008 04:30 AM
Tony Van Alphen
Business Reporter

Auto production improved slightly in Canada during 2007.

Statistics from industry journal Ward's Automotive Reports show production at Canadian light vehicle assembly plants climbed 1.8 per cent to 2.54 million last year from 2006. The increase is almost 45,000 cars and trucks.

Canada exports about 90 per cent of its auto production to the United States.Last year, output for industry leader GM dipped 1 per cent to 786,098 at its giant complex in Oshawa while volume for Chrysler Canada in Windsor and Brampton slid 11.7 per cent to 534,774.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by a64novass
I headed down a main street at 9:30 am yesterday, a long industrial stretch, went to go around an Acura Rsx S that's where the fun began. At first I owned his @$$ but then a big rig blocked all lanes and he pulled a risky move and zoomed by. At the next light I was behind him, the light turned green, he took off and I drove from behind him to around him as he was trying his best LOL.

Attention: No animals were hurt in this production
But an Acura was totally owned!

RSX looks nice, but is slow. Waste of gas.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by GTOMIKE
NO the truth is Canada exports 90% of the vehicles it makes to the U.S.
you just never no what you might learn by the end of the day.
Exactly my point, and don't think for a minute you TAUGHT me anything. You are contradicting yourself. You say you won't buy an import no matter where they are made BUT Americans cars built in Canada are OK. This would be exactly the same things as a Japanese car being built in the US. US dollars going to Japanese companies or Canadian dollars going to American companies. It's a global economy, about time you learned that.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 03-15-2008 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:12 AM

killing on the streets is as smart as hunting in the zoo. easy pickin's, and illegal.

take it to the track, give us some REAL TIMES...

I am sure you slaughtered the other car...otherwise, why would you tell us about it?

But most races are won by drivers, not cars...and that is done at the track.
I've seen Honda's beat Z-28's...because the Chevy driver had no clue how to launch his car....

drag strips and time slips...everything else is just make believe...

BTW...there are many ricers out there who claim their car is faster than our 69 Roadrunner 440-6pack...but that is because I wouldnt dare race them on the street...

Hell, I have an old pick-up truck that would pwn just about any street car if I bothered...

here's how I would show my first kill...

Me, left lane........Camaro right lane

Old 03-16-2008, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Smoke Wagon
killing on the streets is as smart as hunting in the zoo. easy pickin's, and illegal.

take it to the track, give us some REAL TIMES...

I am sure you slaughtered the other car...otherwise, why would you tell us about it?

But most races are won by drivers, not cars...and that is done at the track.
I've seen Honda's beat Z-28's...because the Chevy driver had no clue how to launch his car....

drag strips and time slips...everything else is just make believe...

BTW...there are many ricers out there who claim their car is faster than our 69 Roadrunner 440-6pack...but that is because I wouldnt dare race them on the street...

Hell, I have an old pick-up truck that would pwn just about any street car if I bothered...

here's how I would show my first kill...

Me, left lane........Camaro right lane

I agree, though I've found it's impossible to change a street racer's mind when they feel it's their right to endanger themselves and others.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 03-30-2008 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Removed pic from quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:21 PM

8 folks were Killed several weeks ago here in MD watching a street race at 3:30 in the morning standing in the middle of a main Highway........
Please take the racing to the track!!

Last edited by tomo366; 03-16-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:39 PM

Does anyone know how the HHR SS/TC holds up to the Cobalt SS/SC - I have an 06 Cobalt SS/SC stage 2, I also have an 06 HHR with mods, but it still a slow wagon with a loud pipe. lol. Does the HHR SS/TC satnd a chance against the Cobalt SS/SC.

Has anyone seen 1/4 mile times yet? From a 5-speed, not the downtunned auto's...
Old 05-03-2008, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by BigMOCats
Kingsville ON? Is that Canada? Isn't everything an import up there?
Actually A lot of GM vehicles are built up here. We even have company's that make cars that are illegal to drive up here O.o figure that one out.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:54 PM

street racing is legal and everyone does it include myself but i dont race every night or sat or whatever the day is. more and more people are being caught and busted for street racing and at the end of the day its not worth getting your car destory, getting a big @$$ fine or hurting someone else.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:02 AM
jx3

Anyone else see something wrong w/ the above post??
Originally Posted by DBHHRLT
street racing is legal and everyone does it include myself.................... more and more people are being caught and busted for street racing .

Quick Reply: My HHR SS claims its first kill