Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

Proposed "Site Access Problem" thread.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Platinum Member

Proposed "Site Access Problem" thread.

I have no idea if the owner of the site is doing anything, or is at a complete loss, as to the recent access problems with this site. However, the trouble has been for quite some time now. So, I would like to suggest to the Moderators a new thread.

I believe a thread should be opened by the Moderators that is titled with the recent problem, such as......."Report your access problems here". Guidelines should be established with a qualifier that posts with criticisms, and off color comments will be deleted.

Members can post their individual experiences GIVING PARTICULARS, such as, date time (local), immediate results, and what was done before the denied access and how and when it is finally gained.

I believe Administration needs some realistic insight from members to assist in the trouble shooting, and hopefully, put and end to the aggravation.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Founding Member

Thanks for the thread Snoopy.
I put in a call to JonyyB this morning and left a message about the various site database errors that folks are having. The recient site issues are also posted in the admin section of the message board as well.
(various database errors, server error messages, front main access *www vs no www*, user control panel, PM's and Gallery for starters)
Old 11-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Platinum Member

Sindy.....

For what it is worth I have tried many variation for access. Including the one saved in my "Favorites" file. They all, at this time, seem to fail. However, this is one that I saved from a GOOGLE search and seems to work ALMOST all the time. At least, routinely for the past several days.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/sear...archid=1801565

Once that page loads I then click on "New Posts" and enjoy the rest of the site (hopefully).

Hope this provides some help!!
Old 11-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Founding Member

Snoopy, The link you provided is unique to the search you did and is given an ID number. To get to the main search page, the URL is:
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/search.php
or
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/search.php

This link is also in my signature below.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:58 PM

I haven't been able to get into the CP for at least a week or more. I clear my cache every night as well as cookies.

Search function worked a couple of days ago and works today.

However, the majority of times when I try to go from one thread to another, it takes forever (okay, a minute - 2 minutes, if at all) to get connectivity. It's been this way for a couple of weeks. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's awful.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Deceased

Thanks Snoopy and Sindy for setting up this thread, hopefully it will help and JonyyB can be motivated/chagrined into some affirmative action.

This search link allows me back on the forum 97% of the time when its being difficult/annoying/dorky.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-tutorial-library-21/new-key-how-program-7560/
Old 11-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Platinum Member

I get in the back way OK but apparently I have a PM waiting in cyber-world! Got an e-mail notice(AOL) about it with the senders name attached. Tried to open the PM--Nope. Tried to PM the sender to ask him/her to use my AOL address.Where the heck did my PM go? Got the error message when I hit "send". THIS is getting very frustating.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Platinum Member

So I was looking at the numbers of users online. At this time it's 13 members and 128 guests. ??? How are the guests getting in when the members are having to resort to using "back doors"?

"Computers will be the downfall of society in the not too distant future" :paraphrased by me to my wife in 2005.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:25 PM

Well, after doing some stuff around the house and all, I checked back and and the CP and PM are working! Glory Hallelujah! And it looks like everything else is operational, too.

Maybe I jinxed it this time, sleeper.

Also, as firemangeorge pointed out - a large number of guests on line with the members. Could demand on the server have anything to do with the problems we've been experiencing?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:47 AM
Platinum Member

Problems I'm experiencing

1st) The Dreaded "Internal Server Error", even using the back door..

2nd) Server too busy, try again later..

3rd) Posting a reply to a post, hit the send button & get the "Internal Server Error" message

4th) Many times can NOT access the Gallery or the user CP, or PM ..

& my PC dumps cookies & cleans history at every shut down..

Quick Reply: Proposed "Site Access Problem" thread.