South Central TX, OK, AR, LA

Pricing on window Tint (San Anotnio)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 03:37 PM

Pricing on window Tint (San Anotnio)

Well ive been around town (San Antonio) for the past day or two, and been to several shops that tint windows.

Obvious one was Mothers, which was on Fred. Rd. inside 410, and was given $350+ to get all my windows tinted; 35 up front and 20 the rest of the way for the metallic or ceramic type tint, which has no dyes with a lifetime warranty

Next i went to custom Sounds inside 410 on San Pedro. Price for Premier tint that was metallic/ceramic/no dyes was $400 and he would MATCH all the windows so that the 2 front ones didnt look out of place. also has a warranty for as long as you have the ride.

I think i would go with the custom sounds place, because i know they have been in that same place for years, and they did a good job a while back on another one of my old cars. i dont know about mothers, even though they have been around for years as well, ive asked at each one if they are a chain and i have been told that each one is independently owned. So i would think if something wrong happened to the tint, peeling, bubbling, fading etc, that you would be SOL if you went to another mothers or if the other guy shut down.

Well give me your opinions and prices paid at whatever shops you have been to, and any positive or negatives.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2006, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by EL_REY
Well ive been around town (San Antonio) for the past day or two, and been to several shops that tint windows.

Obvious one was Mothers, which was on Fred. Rd. inside 410, and was given $350+ to get all my windows tinted; 35 up front and 20 the rest of the way for the metallic or ceramic type tint, which has no dyes with a lifetime warranty

Next i went to custom Sounds inside 410 on San Pedro. Price for Premier tint that was metallic/ceramic/no dyes was $400 and he would MATCH all the windows so that the 2 front ones didnt look out of place. also has a warranty for as long as you have the ride.

I think i would go with the custom sounds place, because i know they have been in that same place for years, and they did a good job a while back on another one of my old cars. i dont know about mothers, even though they have been around for years as well, ive asked at each one if they are a chain and i have been told that each one is independently owned. So i would think if something wrong happened to the tint, peeling, bubbling, fading etc, that you would be SOL if you went to another mothers or if the other guy shut down.

Well give me your opinions and prices paid at whatever shops you have been to, and any positive or negatives.

Thanks
I wouldn't do any but the front two.

The rest come from the factory with a 21% tint. So a 20% would be as close as you can get. I did mione and my wife's this way and they look great.

BTW, in most states, darker than 35% on the front two is illegal.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:08 PM

I think you need to shop around. That is very expensive in my opinion.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by EZ4U2CHere
I think you need to shop around. That is very expensive in my opinion.
I totally agree. I got my front 2 windows done to match the rear ones and it cost me around $60.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:35 PM

I paid $300 on the Trailblazer in `04 to get ALL the glass tinted.(The vehicle she traded for the HHR). With a warranty!!!!
Now on the Sierra Crew, $200 at the dealer for 5% on the back three windows and 35% on the front doors.

Last edited by Retroburban; 07-19-2006 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:36 PM

I paid $75 to have mine done, wife's was $150 for ceramic. Just the fronts done on both.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:48 PM

$45 for the front two on mine 20% tint.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:51 PM

I'm in GA, and I had 5 windows tinted on my QuadCab ram (4 side, one back) and also a 6" strip across the front windshield. Total came to $150 w/ lifetime warranty.

I think I'm going to get just the front windows done on my HHR this weekend. I'll report back w/ the cost.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:00 PM

tint

$300.00 to $400.00 that's highway robbery in california a tint job for all windows will cost me about 150.00 that's without a discount .............but i work for a window film manufacturer let me talk to the salesmen and find a dealer around you guys
Old 07-22-2006, 11:16 AM

My dealer did mine for free because I asked when I purchased. But they had a price of $50 for the front two windows. It was 35% and looks pretty good. This would be Reata Chevy in Castroville.

In the past, I've gone to J & Y Electronics on Zaramora @ Malone. They've always done a really good job but I can't recall their pricing.

Quick Reply: Pricing on window Tint (San Anotnio)