South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, FL

2009 Gatlinburg Meet - Accommodations

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:08 PM

2009 Gatlinburg Meet - Accommodations

Greetings All!

I'm working with a cabin rental company in Gatlinburg to secure one -- and perhaps two -- large cabins to accommodate our group. There are two large cabins that are next to each other. Each sleeps up to 20 people. These cabins will require a 3 night reservation. The rates are very good, though, so this shouldn't be a problem. It looks like these cabins will run $30 per night, per person, plus applicable taxes and fees. For a couple, that looks like about $200 for the weekend. Both cabins are fully outfitted with pool tables, DVD players, decks and outdoor furniture, and BEAUTIFUL VIEWS! There will be a reservation fee and security deposit that must be paid in advance, so we will have to figure out how to accomplish this (there are a couple of options). I will PM all those who have already expressed an interest in sharing a cabin in order to confirm that they are all still interested and are OK with this pricing. If you have not already communicated your interest, please post here, or PM me directly.

I also have a tentative reservation for Dolly's Dixie Stampede for dinner and a show on Saturday night, 6:00. We will have to set a definitive date for final reservation so we can formalize the reservation. This dinner is a bit pricey, but everyone who has gone says that the food is excellent and the show is great -- well worth the time and money.

For Friday night, I am working to book a go-cart track for us -- and just for us for several hours. Not sure what a final cost will be, but should know soon.

Please let me know if you are interested in either or both of these evening activities!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:48 PM

Sounds great. Chris and I are a go for the cabin, the Dixie Stampede and the Go Karts
Old 08-21-2008, 10:07 PM

Tim,

Any word on Hotel accommodations for those that want to go that route?
Old 08-28-2008, 12:10 PM

Well Tim you can put me down as a maybe now. My DILaw is expecting a baby at this same time. So If I do get to come, it will be last minute arrangments. Motel room.
I shouldnt have told them about this meet! I had planned to do this meet on my way to visit them in April/May as a trip breaker and they planned a kid!!!
lol
Looking forward to my 2nd grandchild. They have planned for me to be there when the baby is born so I can stay with my granddaughter when they go to the hospital. I wouldnt miss this for anything in the world. I only get to visit 1 time a year so they took advantage of the time and planned a new one. lol
Old 08-30-2008, 07:07 PM

hey Tim,I'm a maybe,can you post the name of the place where you are looking at cabins,I might get a private cabin for my family if I make it...Thanx