South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, FL

2009 HHR Gatlinburg Get-2-Gether

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by n.j.hhr
I'm a maybe,its a 12 hr ride,if it fits in with spring break in school I might make it,looks like a cool place to check out
Put you down as a maybe. If you are able to attend would you prefer a Hotel or share a Multi-room Cabin. If things work out maybe you and ChevyGrlAlways could caravan down together and pick up some other members on the way
Old 05-05-2008, 04:25 PM

i'd probably do a private cabin,since I'll bring wife & daughter for a little vacation,the cabins on a website I looked at looked pretty cool
Old 05-06-2008, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyGrlAlways
i cant remember the the name of it but the touch museum was fun i laid on a bed of nails
WOnderworks is the name of the museum. I haven't finished reading the thread yet, so if I'm repeating someone else, please forgive me. We are also game if we don't have anything else going on with church or something.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by tim_tenn
Once we get into the busier season, there will be a lot more people and a lot more cars on the road up there. Speaking from experience, it took us 1.5 hours (yes, HOURS) to get from our motel in Pigeon Forge up to the central part of Gatlinburg. With traffic like this, it's hard to get much done in a day. All things to keep in mind.
There are some backroads that are not as well known. More in Pigeon Forge than Gatlinburg, but when the final plan is put together, I may be able to shave some time off the waiting. The road from Gatlinurg to Pigeon Forge is horrendous sometimes. There have been times that I would have been happy with a 1.5 hour wait.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by James06
We are also game if we don't have anything else going on with church or something.
Hope to see you there James
Old 05-06-2008, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by James06
There are some backroads that are not as well known. More in Pigeon Forge than Gatlinburg, but when the final plan is put together, I may be able to shave some time off the waiting. The road from Gatlinurg to Pigeon Forge is horrendous sometimes. There have been times that I would have been happy with a 1.5 hour wait.
Thanks! I'm going to keep that in mind. We made need your help in getting us around the bottlenecks! Appreciate your offer ...
Old 05-07-2008, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by tim_tenn
Things are going very well in finding options for this meet.

Dolly's Dixie Stampede looks like a great event for us. They have sent me info and they can accommodate whatever group size we come up with. They also offer a terrific discount when booking as a group. I'll detail the info for everyone in another post.

There are a lot of cabins, chalets and hotels/motels to choose from, so am gathering information on those that meet our needs for size, location and price range. Thanks to everyone who responded to Hillsdale's PM. It helps to know what people are interested in so I can find the right stuff.

The Tail of the Dragon is very close to Gatlinburg and looks quite interesting. Very picturesque! There are even photo companies that shoot pics as you drive down the highway that you can purchase afterward. I see some great pics in our future -- a string of HHRs heading down the road! There are great group shots that I found of Ferrari, Corvette and motorcycle owners groups driving down the winding road. Very cool!

Stay tuned ... I'll have more information very shortly!

There is also a abandon town up in the hills close to Pigion Forge that you can drive to and get out and walk around. I can't remember where but it is there. Maybe some others here can give more info on it.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:15 PM

Put me down as a yes please.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:50 PM

so update.... list of who is and is maybe going??
Old 05-07-2008, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by itschaboykenny
so update.... list of who is and is maybe going??
see post #1 on page 1

Quick Reply: 2009 HHR Gatlinburg Get-2-Gether