South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, FL

Members check in if you can...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Deceased

Exclamation Members check in if you can...

As this dangerous and unbelievable storm system continues to tear across the southeast after claiming 72 lives yesterday, I'm asking members in the affected areas to check in when you can. If you have the ability to just drop a quick post on here so we can be assured our members are OK, that would be great.

To those in the heavily affected areas, our thoughts and prayers are with you as we await what the storm has in store for the Carolina's, Virgina, and Georgia.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:52 PM

My thoughts are with everyone affected by this terrible storm. I sincerely hope no one here on the site has had anything tragic happen to them. Houses can be rebuilt, cars can be fixed, but life is precious and people can not be replaced.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:31 AM

I flew from LA on Monday into Littlerock AR between 2 major storms. The one before us killed 7 people and the one afterward devistated Velonia AR killing several more. It was a wild plane flight followed by quarter size hail on the drive to my folks house in Hot Springs. My daughters were crying when we finally arrived. I am sure you all have seen the footage and the continuing damage through Alabama and beyond. I feel lucky we made it through this storm and hope that others here on our forum are safe and sound. The sun is out today and not a cloud in the sky but the damage here will take years to recover from. Say a prayer for the people that have been affected directly by this terrible event.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:49 AM

I read this article today: http://www.wdio.com/article/stories/...html?cat=10335. The death toll is up to 193 now, almost double what it was yesterday. Hopefully everyone is okay. TkHHR, glad to hear you made it home safely.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:57 AM

I live west of the northern part of Atlanta. It rolled through my area between 9pm-1am last night. It made for a fun evening. Some areas reported baseball size hail. Home, business, hotel, etc, are gone today. I was lucky, each cell seemed to either go just north or south of me. They reported at one point, over 2500 lightening strikes in 10 minutes. Tornados galore, heavy rain, wind, etc. Rome GA got hit with at least 3 cells, all about 50 minutes apart. They got hammered.

News tonight should be interesting.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:16 AM

i know someone who had 2 tornados touch down within 20 miles on them, and made it. but the sad part is that over 200 in his area were killed.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:29 AM
Platinum Member

Still here & kicking from SE Tennessee..(sadly many lives were lost).. Apison, TN got hammered.

Lost power yesterday morning @ 9-ish. Off for approx 34 hrs. (reminded me of Fla)..
Wifey was told to go home from work & be safe. So the rides were ALL tucked inside...

Had 5 bands of Storms come thru.. By the 4th band the Hail began & was bigger than Golf-Balls.. Many had their roofs tore up, & a porch roof was torn off..

Our home & Us were spared any serious damage, we only lost 2 shingles from the roof.(thank GOD) And I replaced them today..

http://www.accuweather.com/video/644...als-most-d.asp
Old 04-29-2011, 12:56 AM
Deceased

Thanks for checking in folks, been worried about y'all and the news just keeps getting worse. Good Lord willing, maybe this will be the last batch of storms for a good long while.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:59 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 843de
Good Lord willing, maybe this will be the last batch of storms for a good long while.
Amen to that.. This Storm is a Monster.. Hope you East Coasters are spared..
Old 04-29-2011, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Still here & kicking from SE Tennessee..(sadly many lives were lost).. Apison, TN got hammered.

Lost power yesterday morning @ 9-ish. Off for approx 34 hrs. (reminded me of Fla)..
Wifey was told to go home from work & be safe. So the rides were ALL tucked inside...

Had 5 bands of Storms come thru.. By the 4th band the Hail began & was bigger than Golf-Balls.. Many had their roofs tore up, & a porch roof was torn off..

Our home & Us were spared any serious damage, we only lost 2 shingles from the roof.(thank GOD) And I replaced them today..

http://www.accuweather.com/video/644...als-most-d.asp
Thank god you're alright, it sounds like you were a little bit too close to the action for comfort. Yikes! But I tell you what, I'll take having the power out for 34 hours, trees downed, cars smashed, things broken, etc if it spares me my life. You're okay and still alive, that's the important part. Although it really is just tragic that so many people are not making it out of this. Maybe 2012 isn't a joke after all....

Quick Reply: Members check in if you can...