South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, CO

Local 'Zonies... Sept run?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by dbarberaz
Snoopy
Did you want to meet over here and then drive over to Ikea? If I remember you live east of power road correct?
Yeah, that would be good. Get there about 8....leave your house about 7:30 ???

You said your near Main and Power....I'm at Ellsworth and McDowell. Meet at your House and pony on.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:30 PM

Hi folks. Sorry I've been out of touch. Still trying to figure out if we're going to a birthday party or the rally that day (the 23rd). Should know more later today. Jason's suggestions and "recon" are all excellent - McDonalds at Cortaro and I-10 is a perfect gathering point - easy access to I-10, plenty of parking, even good for a quick breakfast. The I-10 to Houghton to Tanque Verde route is a LOT longer, so I'd suggest Ina/Skyline to Sabino Canyon, Sabino to Tanque Verde, TV to Catalina Highway. It's a nicer drive, traffic will be light, and there are more places for "pit stops" along this route. (AJs at Skyline & Campbell has AWESOME eats, and gourmet coffee for 50¢ a cup!) Those who would like a map of the route I proposed, e-mail me: mikeguru@mac.com ("SS" Mike)
Old 09-17-2006, 05:21 PM

Thanks Mike! I suggested the long route for less lights and less chance of getting people lost at lights. So its up to you all! Doesn't matter to me.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:57 AM

Jason; we're definitely going, so we'll meet you at MacD's around 9-9:30. Route is still not confirmed, so I'll wait and see who wants to take the longer mostly-freeway southern route, or the more direct cross-town northern route. Whatever the gang decides is fine with us. I have made maps I can send via e-mail for both routes. My count is 4 from the Valley plus us two from Tucson so far? Please keep us posted. "SS" Mike
Old 09-18-2006, 09:05 AM

Yeah sounds right as far as numbers go. Not sure if you all want the Cobalt people going. If you don't mind them coming along then I can get 2 possibly more to come along.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Yeah, that would be good. Get there about 8....leave your house about 7:30 ???

You said your near Main and Power....I'm at Ellsworth and McDowell. Meet at your House and pony on.

Snoopy
We can meet at the QT right on the corner of power and university at 7:30.
That way we can get something to drink for the road.
Just remember I will be in a Sandstone this trip.
Mike, Jason
IMO as far as routes go does not matter to me, but I think the easiest route be the best. Just me sure to pick an easy spot to meet up with you guys.
We will be returning back to the valley on Sat. Just a one day trip for us. Family comming over on Sunday.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by dbarberaz
Mike, Jason
IMO as far as routes go does not matter to me, but I think the easiest route be the best. Just me sure to pick an easy spot to meet up with you guys.
The I-10 to Houghton route is easiest. If everyone is OK with that, then please let me know if you want me to e-mail you a map I made. "SS" Mike
Old 09-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Platinum Member

Mike & Jason....

Either route is o'k with me. But, the I-10 route might be easier to keep 5-6 cars together. If there is a lot of traffic signals on the other route, we might get "broken up" or lost.

Haven't been up on Skyline or the Sabino Canyon area in a while. remember it being kind of scenic, which would be nicce also. Up to Retro and Dwayne. If nobody else makes the decision, I'll flip a coin.

Dwayne....

Sounds good for the QT. I'll probably top-off there also. It's top-tier gas. Oh, and the spot the Tucson people picked for a "meet up" is great. Probably the first new developed area north of Tucson. I know right were it is at.......bunch of motels and Cracker Barrel is there....one of the wife's favorite places when we travel.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:02 PM

I know right were it is at.......bunch of motels and Cracker Barrel is there....
There's a Texas Roadhouse there too - GREAT STEAKS!! &
Old 09-18-2006, 09:30 PM

Mike & Jason....

Either route is o'k with me. But, the I-10 route might be easier to keep 5-6 cars together. If there is a lot of traffic signals on the other route, we might get "broken up" or lost.

Haven't been up on Skyline or the Sabino Canyon area in a while. remember it being kind of scenic, which would be nicce also. Up to Retro and Dwayne. If nobody else makes the decision, I'll flip a coin.

Dwayne....

Sounds good for the QT. I'll probably top-off there also. It's top-tier gas. Oh, and the spot the Tucson people picked for a "meet up" is great. Probably the first new developed area north of Tucson. I know right were it is at.......bunch of motels and Cracker Barrel is there....one of the wife's favorite places when we travel.
We will follow you then Snoop

Mike
Steaks are good, but I dont even eat them at 10:00 am

Quick Reply: Local 'Zonies... Sept run?