South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Been Hit

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 12:03 AM

Been Hit

Well my baby was hit today by an unknown. Came out from work to find someone had backed into my front driver side quarter panel. Not a happy camper I have to crawl over the seat to get in cannot use the drivers door. I almost want to beleive they did not know they hit me i am sure it was a truck or a SUV that did it. Go in tomorrow morning for the estimate.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:36 AM

Bad news, Harvey was rear ended a few weeks back and he just seems different. Thank goods no one was hurt.
See ya down the road to Vegas
Bud-Harvey
Old 04-16-2010, 12:54 AM

That is so rotten, guys! I can't hardly stand to think of someone hitting your door area that hard and not owning up to it, Kris!! That is some major inconvenience! I'm glad you weren't in it, of course (except that maybe they would have stopped).

And Harvey too? Now there's a sad thought - was there custom work where he was hit? Were you in the car - are you all right? I understand that California Cruisers (or whatever it's called) has closed up shop - I just hope he is fixable, but I do know what you mean about the car being "different".

I sat in shock and awe last week while I saw a stray shopping cart catch a breeze, go down a little hill, and slam into my right rear quarter panel...oh goody another new dent.

Kris, are you going to need more than a new door - how bad is it?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:14 AM

Sorry to hear about this Kris. Were there any security cameras near by?It might be worth a call to the property owner if so.

I pity the fool who hits my car someday, I may make the news!
Old 04-16-2010, 10:59 AM

I feel for all of you. I've collected 2 minor dents that - although fixable BTW by paintless dent repair - are aggravating none the less since both were done by people at work. - One by my GM the other a coworker. If you see theirs cars you can tell they don't give a C_P about their cars. Safe to say I need my job so no words were exchanged
Old 04-16-2010, 11:20 AM
ecl

Know how you feel mines been hit 3 times in my apt complex once by neighbor and once just the other day. No real dents on these hits but deep scratches that need refinished and the back bumper cracked during one hit so theres a grand. Needless to say it looks like Ive been in a demo derby on the passenger side, but not getting any thing fixed till I move other wise it will just keep happening.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:46 PM

OMG Kris- so sorry to hear about your unknown assailant! That is just so wrong that someone would hit it so hard & not take responsibility. I hope your baby is back to normal soon!
Old 04-16-2010, 02:40 PM

As you say -- it sux, but be glad it wasn't UMA!
Old 04-16-2010, 04:27 PM

Is it open season on HHR's?

Mine was a run-away Home Depot shopping cart. After trying 5 different paintless dent removal companys (none said they could do the job) It now goes into the body shop on Monday
Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2010, 06:15 PM

Sorry to hear about your baby. Glad you are OK and baby can be fixed.

Marilyn