South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Been Hit

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 06:57 PM

Unhappy

Wow, so sorry to hear about that! It does really make you ill thinking about that though, doesn't it? Good way of looking at it is you werent there getting out of your car and got crunched between it!

I am very familiar with this as I was a victim of a hit-run accident that totaled my pride and joy Cadillac Eldorado several years back. To this day I cannot believe that person took off without even knowing if I was injured or not... They ran a red light and T-boned me sending me spinning through the intersection into the traffic light pole where I nearly flipped my Eldo. I would have surely lost my arm if I hadn't managed to pull it inside the open window at the last second! Never found the bum that did it either...
Old 04-16-2010, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by mitzkity
That is so rotten, guys! I can't hardly stand to think of someone hitting your door area that hard and not owning up to it, Kris!! That is some major inconvenience! I'm glad you weren't in it, of course (except that maybe they would have stopped).

And Harvey too? Now there's a sad thought - was there custom work where he was hit? Were you in the car - are you all right? I understand that California Cruisers (or whatever it's called) has closed up shop - I just hope he is fixable, but I do know what you mean about the car being "different".

I sat in shock and awe last week while I saw a stray shopping cart catch a breeze, go down a little hill, and slam into my right rear quarter panel...oh goody another new dent.

Kris, are you going to need more than a new door - how bad is it?
I will just need a fender repair is what they said so i am hoping for the best outcome with it. The estimate came out to 818. and some change. Bummin big time wanted to rent a camaro for my rental car maybe i will get it on monday they were rented out already.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by TkHHR
Sorry to hear about this Kris. Were there any security cameras near by?It might be worth a call to the property owner if so.

I pity the fool who hits my car someday, I may make the news!
only cameras on the floor with the gate. I was just glad it didn't happen Tuesday when I had Todd's car. It would have been a pipty if I would have seen who did it also . I would have been screaming..
Old 04-16-2010, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by lyntmr61
I will just need a fender repair is what they said so i am hoping for the best outcome with it. The estimate came out to 818. and some change. Bummin big time wanted to rent a camaro for my rental car maybe i will get it on monday they were rented out already.

Even the base Camaro will be fun 304 hP out of a normally aspirated V6
Old 04-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Uma

Yeah, she was going to get the rims put on tomarrow! The door looks fine, fender...not so much so. She plans to get a few minor warranty issues taken care of while it is in. Todd (Uma)
Old 04-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Uma

Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
Even the base Camaro will be fun 304 hP out of a normally aspirated V6
If she gets one..someone will have to pry me in that thing...cause i want to drive it! Todd (Uma)
Old 04-16-2010, 08:14 PM

Damaging an HHR should result in death. I know it sounds harsh but let me tell you a work of art shouldn't be touched.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:20 PM

Amen, to that last thought Sandman. Sorry Kris about that bad fender. If you do get a Camaro and just happen to get Todd in it, we need pictures for proof, please.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:15 AM

Oh Todd, if she gets one PLEASE get some pictures of her driving it, okay? (And you too, if she lets you drive it at all!) I love those suckers.

I'm just starting a tiny dent collection. So far I think I have 3 or 4, depending on whether it's in the sun or shade. When I get a real whonker, I'll get them all fixed at once.

Don't you get anything for pain and suffering, Kris?
Old 04-17-2010, 10:00 AM

There are just too many drivers who don't give a hoot about their car--or others! They just don't "get it"...