South Pacific CA, NV, HI

How about Solvang in August?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by mitzkity
I know it's pricey for those on a budget, but I noticed that it was only an additional 10$/person to add people to this room. So you could sleep 4 in a room for only $20 more.

Or, bring sleeping bags, & sleep a whole lot of people per room. It's only a night - could be a "bonding" experience - or a big backache! Y'all would have to behave, of course!!!! :
Thanks for the offer, Cheri! I still don't think I can swing it with time/school and all.

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
Same here for the long hauls plus the expense. Unfortunately, I will be only attending g2g's that are close. I just cant swing it.
On that note, I willingly offer to help set up more frequent local meets. BBQ's, parks, lake jaunts, etc. Im very much up for that after I heal up.
To answer that note, I was thinking of perhaps having something at the Compound (my house) for labor day weekend (also happens to be my b-day weekend ). Parking is ok, small house, but a huge backyard. So Don, I may hit you up for help!

Going to be needing a SoCalHHR's fix by then...

@ngelita
Old 06-05-2008, 11:41 PM

I'm already there...
Old 06-06-2008, 08:43 PM

We'd like to go. Who all is going to this one?
Old 06-07-2008, 07:39 PM

I am going, but haven't registered my car yet. We are taking the Magnum, but if more people join, I'll register and drive Mitzi. Anyone else?
Old 06-07-2008, 09:46 PM

i will be there for sure
Old 06-13-2008, 02:30 AM

We'll be there in two weeks for a Fiero show. Marie's Fiero is not going to be ready though so we may take the HHR. Having the back seat is a good thing anyway. Our daughter hates riding in the trunk of the Fiero.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:09 PM

Nice to see ya posting Songman. Solvang sounds like fun, but running out of time and the green stuff. So maybe yes and maybe, maybe. Please give the family a hug for us.
See ya down the road
Bud-Harvey
Old 06-13-2008, 03:09 PM

Good to see you back one Dale.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:01 PM

Well, it looks like we will be driving one car up there - unless we have a big group, it's not worth it. And the double gas cost !!!

YONASH - you'll have to find me and the husband, okay - Would be so nice to meet you. We'll be with a big bunch of Magnums, and hubby's is easy to find - navy with old school yellow flames!
Old 06-16-2008, 12:27 PM

well, since there won't be a big group of HHRs, i'm gonna save the money and not enter my car, but it will still be there. Mitzkity, i will be sure to find you guys. i am a fan of the Magnums anyway so...my HHR will be in the near vicinity of the show if you'd like to check it out. i always park behind where my mom works, big parking lot behind Johnson's Jewel Box, jewelry store on Alisal right by the show, has a Windmill as part of the building, and Tower Pizza right behind it. it'll be back there if you want to wander back, or i can take ya back there and show it to you after i find ya, either way works. however it goes down, i look forward to meeting you, and anyone else that decides to make an appearance.

come on guys, it's always a real good show, with many nice cars. come on up and join us!

Quick Reply: How about Solvang in August?