South Pacific CA, NV, HI

I am going to bomb a dealership or kill myself!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 06:31 PM

I am going to bomb a dealership or kill myself!

I have never been so confused and so at sea in a long time until I tried to get my car fixed.

The first guy was so great, looked at my car, gave me the estimate, told me how long it would take, gave me a car for the rental agency, and DISAPPEARED on vacation for a week.

Next guy - clueless, finally found my file told me all the wrong things, let me go...still no news, except that it would be 3 days.

Next guy - no idea, called me, wasn't aware of anything, didn't have my file in his hand, but said they forgot to put the rubber thing in the estimate. I told him who, where, how, and he said he would submit to the insurance company an additional claim. Then he disappeared.

Now it's Thursday, they've had the car since Monday, THEY HAVE NEVER ONCE CALLED ME YET!!! I just called, and the guy - someone else I never spoke to before - - says my car has an appointment to be sent out for a muffler tip. EXACTLY what the first guy said, no problem, will be done on Weds ready end of day. Now it's going to be done maybe tomorrow or???

This dealership gave me the business card of the rental agency and said to call them to reserve a car (they don't do that). Insurance company told me I would be authorized for 2 days but if I need more the rental company will let THEM KNOW. But the insurance company sent me a check for the full amount of the claim, minus the rental... AND, they got huffy with me for doing what the rental company TOLD me to do...rent that dang car.

I rented the car, and now they say I should have rented it with the insurance company on it, not me. NOBODY TELLS ME ANYTHING. I've never had an accident and don't know what to do, and the insurance company is in Green Bay and does everything by fax and phone.

So, all I can say is, someday I will get my car, and maybe someday I'll get paid back for the rental, and maybe I'll have a muffler tip and a rubber thingie on the car, or maybe not.

Unidentified man #4 was supposed to look and see if it's on the car and call me right back...guess what? no call....
Old 02-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Deceased

Sadly Cheri you might only get everything straightened back out when guy #1 comes back from vacation. You run into this so damn often these days at businesses where one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, and you're stuck in between. Does the insurance agency have anybody listed as an agent in your area at all, because that would be my first call to deal with the rental car issue. Sorry you're dealing with a mess, but keep us posted as things get straightened out....now close your eyes and take a few dozen deep breaths, it helps trust me.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:22 PM

oh soooo sorry, I really ranted that out!

After 1.5 hrs, during which I got everything straightened out with the poor insurance company (who had to listen kindly to my sad story) and all is well there....unidentified man #4 (who they say may be Joe the manager) called and said I am the proud owner of a step thingie. He tried to hide the fact that he had just put it on, but who care, it's mine now.

I'm taking a breath and a mexicola (lime, rum, and diet coke) RIGHT NOW. And anyone who knows me knows that 1) I rarely drink anything and 2) I'll be down for the count in half-hour.

I may YET get Mitzi before the end of the work-week. This would be a good ending to a week with a two-thousand dollar vet bill in it. Anyone else with bad news for me better duck and run !!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:28 PM

@843de: Thanks...whew! It's been an emotional week, having almost lost a dog. On the positive side, today I went to the bathroom on the outside of my pants...how's that goin' for you?

Soooo sorry, I really ranted that out! I had to reread it to see what I wrote!!

After 1.5 hrs... during which I got everything straightened out with the poor insurance company (who had to listen kindly to my sad story) ...unidentified man #4 (who they say may be Joe the manager) called and said I am the proud owner of a step thingie. He tried to hide the fact that he had just put it on, but who care, it's mine now.

I'm taking a breath and a mexicola (lime, rum, and diet coke) VERY SOON. And anyone who knows me knows that 1) I rarely drink anything alcoholic and 2) I'll be down for the count in half-hour.

I may YET get Mitzi before the end of the work-week. This would be a good ending to a week with a two-thousand dollar vet bill in it. Anyone else with bad news for me better duck and run !!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:52 PM

the good,bad and the ugly

So sorry to hear about all the bs. they expect you to know all the ins and outs, and the truth of the matter is they don't always have the answeres that they are suppose to have. You are in my prayers.
By the way a few months back when Harvey got damaged I was very please the way Amica took care of me. I recommend them very highly.

See ya down the road
Bud - Harvey
Old 02-10-2011, 09:52 PM

So what was the shop (dealership?) supposed to be doing?
And what shop is it? I know some people down there. PM me if necessary.....
Old 02-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Uma

Cheri, I just assumed that you had "a guy" to go to. Never the dealership, they could care less when you get the car back. Hopefully this never happens again, but if it does, I got "a guy". You know mine has been rearended twice, and it looks pretty good. A good body shop takes care of all the insurance haggling for you. See you soon, Todd (Uma)
Old 02-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Deceased

Glad things are straightening out for you, and there is nothing wrong with a good rant every now and again, keeps the blood pressure manageable. Enjoy that mexicola young lady, I remember they do have a certain mellowing effect, followed by an urge to take a nap under the table.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member

Cheri- Better to vent here, as we can understand the BS. It isn't right, but seems to be the way more & more.

Also I agree with 843s' sage advice: "Enjoy that mexicola young lady, I remember they do have a certain mellowing effect, followed by an urge to take a nap under the table."

It'll work out......

Billy
Old 02-10-2011, 11:29 PM

Cheri, was this at Selman?
Dang ...

And please don't kill yourself.
just sayin'

@

Quick Reply: I am going to bomb a dealership or kill myself!