South Pacific CA, NV, HI

I'm taking bets

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 03:52 AM
geg

And I have a problem.
Many of you know what I'm going to Tom Farms Cruise this year. I was planning to take the HHR rental. But damn distributors do not guarantee HHR. They say, give something that will be available.
And one more thing ..
After the cruise I had planned to reach by car to New York and fly home from Heathrow. Again the problem - distributors limit mileage and banned from traveling outside the territory authorized states. rental price is moving quickly to the price of the car. What should I do? I thought that the rent will cost 300 - $ 500 and I will not be restricted in their movement. And how do I HHR?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by geg
And I have a problem.
Many of you know what I'm going to Tom Farms Cruise this year. I was planning to take the HHR rental. But damn distributors do not guarantee HHR. They say, give something that will be available.
And one more thing ..
After the cruise I had planned to reach by car to New York and fly home from Heathrow. Again the problem - distributors limit mileage and banned from traveling outside the territory authorized states. rental price is moving quickly to the price of the car. What should I do? I thought that the rent will cost 300 - $ 500 and I will not be restricted in their movement. And how do I HHR?
I'd go with Enterprise Rent A Car. I know they have HHR's.
Maybe phone the actual location where you're picking up the vehicle from (LA International airport?). Explain that you're going to a gathering of HHR's - maybe they can hold one for you....BTW - airport rental rates are about 25% higher than rental locations away from the airport. If you can arrange transportation to a different location, you can save some money, as the cost of some convenience....
Old 02-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Deceased

I'm sure somebody heading to Tom's Farm could pick geg up at the airport and give him ride to the Enterprise off airport grounds. I deal with Enterprise fairly often and if you talk to a manager they can usually hold an HHR for you as long as they have ones to hold. I always get a maroon one, every single dang time, I've checked the VIN so I know it isn't the same one....but the last six times its been maroon.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Uma

[QUOTE=sleeper;530439]Todd-
Doesn't get any more honest that that !!

Yea Sleeper, the ride is harsh. But the handling is awesome. Just depends on what you want. I am looking forward to driving Cheri's car and seeing if there is any difference. Both "06" 2LT's and oddly enough bought from the same dealer just weeks apart. Todd (Uma)
Old 02-09-2011, 09:31 PM

my 2006 2lt 48,852 miles.

I had the Moog links installed 2 weeks ago, today I had the Poly black bushings installed today drove about town then on the FRWY. 80 mph back around town what a diffrence it has made to the handling in front, Eibach will have their new rear sway bar done in about 3 weeks they will call me to go to Eibachs shop and they will install on my HHr as they are in Corona about 40 miles from me.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Uma;530857]
Originally Posted by sleeper
Todd-
Doesn't get any more honest that that !!

Yea Sleeper, the ride is harsh. But the handling is awesome. Just depends on what you want. I am looking forward to driving Cheri's car and seeing if there is any difference. Both "06" 2LT's and oddly enough bought from the same dealer just weeks apart. Todd (Uma)
Todd-

I agree there has to be trade-offs for what one wants.. My Last S-10 was in the weeds & rolling slow..
Old 02-11-2011, 06:51 AM
geg

Krash Kadillak
843de
thank
slowly leading talks
Old 02-11-2011, 11:02 PM

My rental was from Enterprise and they had several on the lot when I brought mine back. I think it's a good idea.

When I met some folks from this forum up in New York few years ago, the rental company said they couldn't promise they'd have an HHR for me, but they KNEW I was having a car club get-together. And I got it!! With a little luck, you will get one.

Since this is the last model year for the HHR, it will be harder to find a rental in the future.

GEG: Are you sure you want to drive all the way across the U.S. in an HHR?? This is a big country!! It's not a smooth powerful luxury ride, you know... I love my car, but it's not my choice for a big vacation. I think I would have fun renting different cars all the way to try new ones out.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:02 PM

One of the problems we have about blowing the snot out it is it tends to throw a code when I punch it hard, then we're dealing that TC light on till it parks for a bit. Gotta get that fixed again.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:05 PM

@KRash: Hubby totalled a Focus too. A Grey ZX3. He rear-ended someone and the airbags deployed...they were so expensive to replace they totalled the car. Then I got the Saturn Vue, and traded it in on the HHR. Sorry you had such a horrible accident...I swear I would never be the same if I rolled a car!!!

Quick Reply: I'm taking bets