South Pacific CA, NV, HI

It's like we really need a reason: Socal G2G!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
.....We cannot seem to gather without performing a mod or two, Groovie Lou and Lianna's rear wiper is now off ......
:twothumbs I can't help it.....Show that you really care about your ride...Have your HHR spayed or nuetered today!....Just joking

But ouch I was so famished I couldn't wait for the Onion rings to cool down...I tink I burnd da ruf of my mout

Tim, Angelita, Don, Todd, Jason, Kimberly, Kris, Dorian, Cheri, Lou & Lianna - did I leave out anyone? It was fun tonight!!

* I think Leon and his wife deserves the Long Distance kudos. 158 miles?

* Nomad be safe on your trip back to the east cost.

* Al pleasure meeting you and your wife and nephew

* Elle I hope your leg is feeling better

Last edited by GRUMPEE; 06-22-2008 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Added more comments + Don
Old 06-22-2008, 02:04 AM

Finally got home, was great meeting everyone. I clocked in about 165 miles to the house, was worth the trip to get out of the desert and meet everyone. We'll be back on the 9th of August for the Meguiar's class.

P.S. Letter sent to Sonic.

Last edited by Leon; 06-22-2008 at 02:45 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:54 AM

I had a great time as usual. We are a resourceful bunch and usually rebound from adversity and make lemonade out of lemons.

Thanks to everyone for coming out.

We really should do this again.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:13 AM
Uma

Originally Posted by afs9
Why does it seem we ALWAYS meet when it's like, 100F out?!
Even now at 10.30, it still over 80F.

I tell you, for an impromptu g2g that started with a quick email to meet up for some burgers, it sure turned into something nice! Thanks to Tim (our fearless leader) for suggesting this. Our original plan was to go to AJ's and in away, I think it worked out for the better!

More my style and the food is good. They liked the HHRolligans unlike Sonic!

We had one 'neutering' and I had a temporary grill put on while mine gets a pink bowtie painted to match the back (another TodUMA (tm) original)! Although I'm kinda digging the black one--may keep it awhile Todd! I think I may save putting on the leveling springs for our next g2g since we can't seem to meet and not do something!

UMA looks great, Cheri got our new pal who was named "Dusty" since she was still, well, a little dusty from her trip to AZ.

Great to meet Leon and his lovely wife, Nomad, Cajun and his family and even a passer-by who stopped to chat! And of course, the usual suspects Matt, sorry we didn't get to chat much, but thanks for coming by! Next time!

I <3 SoCAL HHR's!

@ngelita

Hope you feel better soon, Todd!
I feel fine, the talking thing is the problem LOL. About the temp grille...we need to get this done. You are being sweet about wanting to keep it, but as good as it looks, the paint does not match, I will have to redo it with the right paint code. The chrome grille fits your car much better. When I get it painted right, it should go on Lotte. If she agrees? Wish I could do it tonight, but as hot as it is, you will have to let it cure awhile before you do the overlay. Todd (Uma)
and yours looks much better.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:30 AM

Yea Todd, WTF man. That paint doesnt match at all! LOL Jk jk jk. Cant wait to see Miss Angies Pinktie. You do real nice work. I get complimented on mine all the time. Whenever asked, I quote $100.00 to do one like mine. Im lookin to pimp you out here soon. LMAO.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Uma
I feel fine, the talking thing is the problem LOL. About the temp grille...we need to get this done. You are being sweet about wanting to keep it, but as good as it looks, the paint does not match, I will have to redo it with the right paint code. The chrome grille fits your car much better. When I get it painted right, it should go on Lotte. If she agrees? Wish I could do it tonight, but as hot as it is, you will have to let it cure awhile before you do the overlay. Todd (Uma)
and yours looks much better.
Told you there was no rush for this! Do agree it needs to be bit shinier to match the car, but from afar, it looks great. nice to have something different for awhile!

Not going to put the over-lay on this unless I take off the script on the top--too much "chevrolet" otherwise! May get another grill and put the script on that one, and the overlay on this one. Decisions!

First (and last mod for this year I promise!)--the leveling springs!

keep cool, folks!

@
Attached Images  

Last edited by afs9; 06-22-2008 at 12:03 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 06-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Uma

Originally Posted by afs9
Told you there was no rush for this! Do agree it needs to be bit shinier to match the car, but from afar, it looks great. nice to have something different for awhile!

Not going to put the over-lay on this unless I take off the script on the top--too much "chevrolet" otherwise! May get another grill and put the script on that one, and the overlay on this one. Decisions!

First (and last mod for this year I promise!)--the leveling springs!

keep cool, folks!

@
, There you go Ang, and Don....as far as pimping me out! I may have new teeth, but you ain't going to pimp me very far LOL. See you guys soon. Todd (Uma)
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2008, 01:19 PM

Oh My!

Dang I wish I wasn't busy this afternoon or else I'd be right over!
My grill is looking as good as yours!

Todd, I am speechless--I owe you lunch at, hey, how about Sonics??!!
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2008, 03:47 PM

Jeez and here I thought I was going to make some cash.

Originally Posted by Uma
, There you go Ang, and Don....as far as pimping me out! I may have new teeth, but you ain't going to pimp me very far LOL. See you guys soon. Todd (Uma)

The new grille looks good brother! Oh yea and so does the one you painted for Angie.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:57 PM

Y'all are so silly! And yes, while hubby was putting on my sway bar, he did do a little minor surgery on her - she's swayed and spayed.

Quick Reply: It's like we really need a reason: Socal G2G!