South Pacific CA, NV, HI

It's like we really need a reason: Socal G2G!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 06:06 PM

OK, reading ended up being a *nap*.
Too hot to study!

I think Tim said he was going to be making more stickers as we have new folks coming. Going to cruise up Harbor Blvd. and meeting him at around 5.45-6 to snag some parking spots.

@ngelita

Last edited by afs9; 06-22-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:39 PM

I made some fesh decals for anyone that needs one!
Old 06-21-2008, 06:41 PM

We will be there around 6:30... YEAY!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:07 PM

Cajun and Grumpee are picking me up on the way

see you in about an hour+
curtsy
Elle'
Old 06-22-2008, 12:12 AM

A couple of pictures from our time together today...

A Sea of HHR's in the Sonic Parking Lot...

Looking the other way.... I believe thirteen was the count...

Then, we were refused service at Sonic, (long story) so we went to another eatery down the street...

A great time had by all, and the food was great!

Cool license Plate!

G-Lou
Old 06-22-2008, 12:20 AM

Yet another reason to Love SoCal HHR's

Ok it was hot. I mean REALLY hot today. I think I counted 13 HHR's that met up at Sonic's this evening. An impromtu get together that really turned out great. HHR's all parked together look sooooo cool. Uma is back, looking great as ever.

When we went to order food, we discovered that you had to order from a kiosk looking dealio. Well this took forever and our own Groovie Lou summoned the manager, telling her that we were like 30 strong and would like to place an order. Well we found out that car clubs really werent welcomed at Sonic's. Shocked and starving, we made our way to a great little Mom and Pop place called AJ's and ate there. ** We cannot seem to gather without performing a mod or two, Groovie Lou and Lianna's rear wiper is now off ***

Great food and as always, great convo with the gang. Got a chance to meet Leon, his wife and I believe their son and they are great people. We also met Mr. Nomad that was in Calif temporarily, another great guy. Even the elusive Mchuntley made his way to meet up with us. Unfortunately, he was there later and we didnt get a chance to talk much. Matt, we will certainly meet up again.

There was a man in a white 07 that pulled thru and came back. We passed out our cards and told him about the site. He seemed interested and hopefully we'll see him here.

It was great seeing everyone again and I look forward to the next one soon.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:25 AM

I believe we were 13, and the temp was 104 degrees......

What a really great bunch of people. I got to put faces to the forum names and HHR's, and got some SoCal decals for my ride.

Gotta do this again....excepting maybe when it is cooler.....LOL

Cajun
Old 06-22-2008, 12:25 AM

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/south-pacific-36/so-cal-gets-kicked-out-sonic-16007/ I started a new thread check it out guys!
Old 06-22-2008, 12:39 AM

dang it's hot!

Why does it seem we ALWAYS meet when it's like, 100F out?!
Even now at 10.30, it still over 80F.

I tell you, for an impromptu g2g that started with a quick email to meet up for some burgers, it sure turned into something nice! Thanks to Tim (our fearless leader) for suggesting this. Our original plan was to go to AJ's and in away, I think it worked out for the better!

More my style and the food is good. They liked the HHRolligans unlike Sonic!

We had one 'neutering' and I had a temporary grill put on while mine gets a pink bowtie painted to match the back (another TodUMA (tm) original)! Although I'm kinda digging the black one--may keep it awhile Todd! I think I may save putting on the leveling springs for our next g2g since we can't seem to meet and not do something!

UMA looks great, Cheri got our new pal who was named "Dusty" since she was still, well, a little dusty from her trip to AZ.

Great to meet Leon and his lovely wife, Nomad, Cajun and his family and even a passer-by who stopped to chat! And of course, the usual suspects Matt, sorry we didn't get to chat much, but thanks for coming by! Next time!

I <3 SoCAL HHR's!

@ngelita

Hope you feel better soon, Todd!
Old 06-22-2008, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
Even the elusive Mchuntley made his way to meet up with us. Unfortunately, he was there later and we didnt get a chance to talk much. Matt, we will certainly meet up again..
I wanted to thank everyone who hung around for me to hang with for a little bit.
I am glad I finally got up to one of these G2G's!

Mc

Quick Reply: It's like we really need a reason: Socal G2G!