South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Pin Striper

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by TkHHR

Marilyn, I hate to see poor customer service like this. Maybe there is a good reason but he should at least respond to you.
X2 ,
Old 02-03-2011, 07:45 PM

Well --- I called So County Auto Body and spoke with Max. Max said that Jeff only worked out of the shop and was not an employee but -- Jeff was coming by yesterday to pick up a check and Max would put a note on the envelope for him to call me. Max also said Jeff was notorious for not returning calls.

Cheri - how did you ever get in touch with Jeff about Tom's Farm???? or was that to his benefit.

Last edited by UNSTABLE; 02-03-2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 02-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Uma

I think Angie is the contact that can get in touch with him. Todd (Uma)
Old 02-03-2011, 11:38 PM

The artistic ones are commonly lacking in the "customer service gene"...PT BOB... but those who do reap higher rewards. I'm real sorry, Marilyn, Bud, and Mrs. Dlvrnit - and whoever else. I thought it was Tim who was arranging him to get to Tom's, but I'm sure Angie will know.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:26 AM

Hey Cheri, we couldn't agree with you more! Jeff is a good guy and means well but like some artist we have come across in our 35 plus years of fooling with cars sometimes the little guy gets taken care of when business is slow! When things are busy they almost seem to not need you! I'm sure in time Jeff will respond, as to when, maybe when things really slow down for him and he can find the time! We had our's repaired locally and we'll just leave it at that!

Best-O-Luck Marilyn ,
Old 02-04-2011, 12:36 AM

Is this paint or tape, tape right?. I had mine done at a shop in local and it took about a year before the tape started cracking and pieces were coming off. Thanks to my rearending in december we will be getting a new stripe job done soon since they had to repaint the drivers rear corner. Ill post pics when done but it will be awhile cause im being a picky @SS and want my ride perfect again.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:42 AM

"Say No to Tape" .....
Old 02-04-2011, 12:58 AM

My two cents on this:
Being in the trade for over forty years[and one of the orignal founders of the "Pinheads"], I know most of the top strippers in the U.S.. I've met Jeff, and know of his work, and he is no flake. I'm sure that he got busy, and that he will fix your problem soon, to your satifaction.
Us artist generally get a bad rep[some deserved], and yes that Customer service gene is not one of our best highpoints at times. It's a crazy business at times, and things get put on the back burner.
Also[from experience] working out of a weekend show setting, sometimes things get scewed up, either by rushing, or the customer gives you bad info[see comment about wax removal]. I've had a few jobs, where I told the customer " Do not use a high pressure car wash" [as thats one of the ways we remove old work]. Well, a high pressure car wash got used then they swear that they did'nt use one.
Bottom line: Anyone wanting to get striped, first remove any wax, and real good, and no high pressure car washes.
Be patient on Jeff, and I'm sure he will fix any problem thats on him.
I'll check to see what the final outcome will be on this. "Moon" "Moon" Designs
Old 02-04-2011, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs. DLVRNIT
"Say No to Tape" .....
You got that right! Tape only lasts a couple years[even on a good day], and it's only a tempoary thing. And a real ***** to remove after a couple of years too! "Moon"
Old 02-04-2011, 09:37 AM

pin strips

I had my done locally by a perdon that I had some custom work by his dad about 50 years ago could not believe how long it took to remove the wax that is the key to long life of the strips.