South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Racelegal 1/8mi drag races at Qualcomm

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 05:52 PM

April 3 is the next race night, I will likely be there to try out my new tires! I bought the Stage 1 kit from Crate Engine Depot and had a dealer here on the Mile of Cars install it. The dealer I bought my SS at (Courtesy in Mission Valley) wouldn't touch it. Ron Baker in National City did it without hesitation.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by damronjr
April 3 is the next race night, I will likely be there to try out my new tires! I bought the Stage 1 kit from Crate Engine Depot and had a dealer here on the Mile of Cars install it. The dealer I bought my SS at (Courtesy in Mission Valley) wouldn't touch it. Ron Baker in National City did it without hesitation.
Cool.. How much did they charge for the install? I might be out there on Saturday.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:41 PM

Glad I caught this now, hope you catch it too! lol I misstated the race date, it's FRIDAY the 2nd, 6pm-midnight. INstall was $214 if I recall correctly.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by damronjr
Glad I caught this now, hope you catch it too! lol I misstated the race date, it's FRIDAY the 2nd, 6pm-midnight. INstall was $214 if I recall correctly.
Forget that.. I was talking about Barona this saturday... First night race of the season.

www.baronadrags.com

I'm going to go watch.. i might race while i am up there.. It as a higher altitude track. but you get to see some nice race cars, unlike at race legal.

Last edited by Dieselracer; 03-31-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: addition
Old 03-31-2010, 11:01 PM

Oh, that would be cool, but I doubt I'll get out there, little much of a drive I'd rather not make, but it is a lot better for sure.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dieselracer
Forget that.. I was talking about Barona this saturday... First night race of the season.

www.baronadrags.com

I'm going to go watch.. i might race while i am up there.. It as a higher altitude track. but you get to see some nice race cars, unlike at race legal.
You should come. I would love to see how my Stock ss would do against a stage 1. That would be cool!
Old 04-01-2010, 05:52 PM

Ouch, I thought Racelegal was bad at $30! lol Well, I might try to make this instead, I'll get back to you. Hate the drive and the fact that if something happens to my car while I am there it is so far away, but I do like the track and cars there a lot better though!
Old 04-01-2010, 09:06 PM

yeah let me know. It should be fun to see another hhr at the track. I wont bother with racelegal any more. I heard it really has gone down hill the last 3 years. I might check it out some day in the future.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:11 PM

racelegal all depends on the weather, the better the weather the better the track is. i have driven at both and both have thier faults. at barona if your not driving a true drag car or a V8 rwd car they kinda snub you. some of those guys even rick (owner of barona) said the left lane at qualcomm is actually prepped very well and hooks hard even for his car. but it is good times to watch a barona
Old 04-02-2010, 07:35 PM

Yep. but last i heard from a few friends, that Race Legal is down to two lanes now because its so slow. So every one runs the same lanes. and then traction is not like it used to be. I agree, The left lane on the left track was pretty good. But not any more last i heard. Let me know if you did go to race legal. and let me know how it was.

Quick Reply: Racelegal 1/8mi drag races at Qualcomm