South Pacific CA, NV, HI

SoCal HHRs Turkey Cruise 11/29/2008

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by tracy waddell
You know what would be another fun cruise would be is down to the Coyote Bar & Grill in Carlsbad. It's in the Carlsbad Village in downtown Carlsbad.That's near you Greg.They have plenty of parking and good food.
been there many times... That is where I met my wife! (& her Father plays in bands there on occasion).. Yes--fun place--but we'd have to coordinate the parking to avoid those darn "door dings"... Also--there are MANY places in North SD County, some of which would be a great drive!...
Old 11-17-2008, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by StormT
You guys make me sick !!! lol just wish i was closer and i would join in on some these great sounding tours you have planned . have about 6" of snow now and it is cold my hollie in hibernation for now . have fun and be safe
Yes--it's really tough here.. I just got back from the beach, 83 degrees, calm conditions, full sun, 64 degree water... (just in case you wanted to know)...
Old 11-17-2008, 07:09 PM

Coyote

My wife and go there alot when were in carlsbad for the weekend or sometimes just for lunch.They do have some good local bands that play there.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Uma

Originally Posted by StormT
You guys make me sick !!! lol just wish i was closer and i would join in on some these great sounding tours you have planned . have about 6" of snow now and it is cold my hollie in hibernation for now . have fun and be safe
Yeah my friend, I hear ya, and understand your pain, however, you have snow, I just spent two hours cleaning ash and fire debris off my car. The weather is nice here, but when the winds blow, and the humidity is at 15%, everything causes a fire. I love it here and would not move for anything, But, I miss the snow and cold crisp air in the AM. Don't be too jealous! Todd (Uma)
Old 11-17-2008, 10:47 PM

StormT --- yeah, it must be full-on Winter there by now. I do sympathize, but I haven't lived in the cold climates since I was just a lass. I loved it then, but probably not now. Anyway, we'll just keep posting pictures for you whenever we have a G2G. Happy trails!
Old 11-19-2008, 11:13 AM

crap! 90% probability That I have to work Friday and Saturday after Bird day
Old 11-19-2008, 04:54 PM

o0o I foresee a quasi food poisoning reason for taking the day off.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:39 PM

Okay...I have an alternate suggestion for this cruise.....

Turns out that we will probaply go up to our little mountain house that weekend. Hwy 38 out of Redlands, small town called Angelus Oaks. We are at approx. 6000 feet. The back way up to Big Bear. The weather is supposed to be dry, with a high of 56 degrees. Should be gorgeous....

I thought you folks might consider a road trip up the hill, and maybe have your pitstop / picinc at our place. Smallish house, BIG deck and the 2 houses on either side were vacant 6 weeks ago, One is in bad shape, but sits on a double lot with lots of parking.

We have a BBQ , hot and cold running, and especially a bathroom....LOL

After the pitstop / picnic / BBQ, the group might continue up to Big Bear Village and down the other side on Hwy 30. Lots of curvy mountain roads both ways. Or visit Big Bear in the morning, and hit our place after. Maybe bring something to grill...?

Anyway, just a thought....

Regards,

Cajun / Al
Old 11-20-2008, 03:06 PM

I'm a-thinkin'. Hmmm, after T-day sales or HHR meetup? You are soooo sweet to offer, Al. DH doesn't really want to miss the sales at Best Buy...
Old 11-20-2008, 05:26 PM

I'll go which ever way you tell me!!! I don't like fighting crowds, I do a lot of shopping online these days!

Quick Reply: SoCal HHRs Turkey Cruise 11/29/2008