SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

2.0L Issues speak up

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
Exactly Im glad my Civic is back on the road so I can go thru their parking lot now and smoke the parking lot with white smoke and posi traction marks......I agree on GM eat dog crap....I will go AEM or Haltech standalone now and for sure install the turbo now..I havent installed it yet...But it will be now for sure

It's a shame we gave Billions to these failures because of their wrong doing band in return, they screw us over, their devoted customers. The HHR will be the last chevy I buy new.

I will have another Z28 someday.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:29 AM

correct thats why i went back to old school
1972 Cutlass
Old 06-08-2009, 02:45 PM

Have only had the temp sensor go out on me. Caused the car to overheat to 280. Funny thing is the dealer said I just should have let the engine blown.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by bluonyx
Have only had the temp sensor go out on me. Caused the car to overheat to 280. Funny thing is the dealer said I just should have let the engine blown.
WTF??? There's a dealer hurting for work or missing some brain cells.

At least this thread go back on topic!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
Well the dealer screwed me., They said since I changed out the Inter-cooler piping from the broken crap that i had from the dealer. And since I changed the exhaust the warranty is no longer valid.

#09-00-89-016: Warranty Administration - Labor Operation Z1111 - Suspected Tampering or Vehicle Modifications - (Mar 31, 2009)

Subject: Warranty Admin - Labor Operation Z1111 - Suspected Tampering or Vehicle Modifications

Models: 2010 and Prior Passenger Cars and Trucks (Including Saturn and Saab)

2010 and Prior HUMMER H2, H3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The purpose of this warranty administration bulletin is to provide retail and wholesale service personnel with the policies/procedures and the warranty claims submission procedures that support the suspicion of tampering to a vehicle's electrical, chassis/body or propulsion system.

Labor Operation Z1111 - Suspected Tampering
Effective January 1, 2009 a new labor operation Z1111, Documentation of Vehicle Tampering or Non-GM Vehicle Modifications can be used to reimburse the dealership for the time used to identify and document customer concerns that the dealership has determined are the result of tampering or non-GM vehicle modifications to a vehicle.

Tampering is defined as causing intentional damage to a vehicle and is not covered under the terms of the GM New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Tampering can include, but is not limited to:

• inducing an electrical components and/or system failures

• disconnecting wires or connectors

• intentional contamination of fluids

Non-GM vehicle modifications include, but are not limited to:

• installation of non-GM accessories

• installation of suspension lowering or lift kits

• installation of aftermarket tires and/or wheels

• installation of "power-up chip" and/or non-GM control module calibrations.

The new Z1111 labor operation is to be used to reimburse the dealership for identifying and documenting tampering or non-GM vehicle modifications. If tampering and/or non-GM vehicle modifications are suspected as the root cause for a customer's concerns, please follow the guidelines below:

• When the Z1111 labor operation is used, thoroughly document the repair order to support the use of the Z1111 labor operation. All straight time must be documented and verified.

• The Z1111 labor operation can be used independently.

• The repair order must be accurately documented with the facts supporting the condition, including photographs or other documentation as appropriate.

• Notify the District Service Manager (DVM) of the situation.

If the dealership management decides, in the interest of customer satisfaction, to perform repairs related to tampering or non-GM vehicle modifications, the repair order must clearly document that the work performed is not being done to correct a warrantable defect in material or workmanship.

Claims should be submitted using the appropriate labor operation and the dealer must use failure code 98 (Customer Satisfaction) or the Customer Satisfaction box in Global Warranty Management.

If additional time and/or parts are to be charged to GM, use the appropriate labor operation as if it were a defect in material or workmanship. When submitting such a claim, failure code 98 (Customer Satisfaction) must be used. All documentation must clearly indicate that these are not repairs performed under the terms of the New Vehicle Warranty.

Service management must be involved in any situation that would justify the use of labor operation Z1111 and all claims will have to be "H" routed to the District Service Manager for approval.

With the proper documentation, and with the assistance of your Zone Team members, it may be appropriate to initiate the Warranty Block procedures outlined in the GM Service Policy & Procedures Manual, section 1.4.14 (Voided Warranties and Branded Titles).

Last edited by HHR_SS_QC; 06-08-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:38 AM

WOW! Don't even change your tires or they'll void your warranty. My service advisor said that exhaust and Intake would not void warranty because it doesn't change the vehicles drivetrain mechanics.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
WOW! Don't even change your tires or they'll void your warranty. My service advisor said that exhaust and Intake would not void warranty because it doesn't change the vehicles drivetrain mechanics.
That is a catch-all bulletin. Note the dealership must be in contact with GM reps before denial of coverage. Reasonable dealers will not just start trying to void everyones warranties, although I can see where this could be abused by a dealer unhappy with a customer for reasons that don't pertain to the vehicle. Like someone going through a divorce or a neighbor feuding with another neighbor, the list could go on.

We have the aftermarket diesel programmers to blame for this. The $8000 repairs due to pushing their engines too far past their tolerances made this type of policy necessary.

Now if someone wants to start a thread about mods voiding warranty, go for it. But this thread is about 2.0 problems. Everyone needs to get back on topic!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:22 PM

Problem and issues

My kit worked super until I had a recall job done on the turbo pipe clamp. Now it takes 6 to 10 seconds to get postive boost, if I ever obtain it. Accelleration is slower than an old Vega. Stalls constantly; it's like the turbo cannot get enough air. Took it in for maintenance II today. Had codes for MAS. Chevy says all is OK. I think when GM Performance Division got laid off,.. we all got let go. No more support. We're so hosed.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:40 PM

I truly believe that if you approach a service tech with a attitude then you get a attitude.
I have always been nice to them even on the day that my hhr left me on the the side of the road just after I left the dealership for the same reason. They got me me a car and was as accomidating as could be just because I didn't act as if my world had ended. My tech is also a friend now because we are both car guys and he told me if I ever need my aftermarket parts installed he would love to do it.

Another thought about the import fans. If life was so good before the hhr why did you leave? I know why, it takes $10,000 to go 12.0 in the quarter. If you are really that disappointed with the car you could lemon law it, burn it, or trade it. That's my 2 cents.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by OldPushRod
My kit worked super until I had a recall job done on the turbo pipe clamp. Now it takes 6 to 10 seconds to get postive boost, if I ever obtain it. Accelleration is slower than an old Vega. Stalls constantly; it's like the turbo cannot get enough air. Took it in for maintenance II today. Had codes for MAS. Chevy says all is OK. I think when GM Performance Division got laid off,.. we all got let go. No more support. We're so hosed.
Sounds like a GM install screw up to me. I just had my recall job on the turbo pipe done this last Friday, dropped it off in the morning on the way to work and picked it up at lunch. I haven't suffered any side effects after having the recall done, still boosting to 22 psi and holding.

Quick Reply: 2.0L Issues speak up