SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

2008 HHR SS Brake issue/buy back

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 02:21 PM

I'm too happy with my SS to allow the brake issue to get me down. I just use the remote start and by the time I get to the car the brakes are fine.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:18 PM

I'm in the middle of negotiations with dealership and GM to buy my car back. I'm tired of dealing with it. I've let the car idle over a minute and backed out with the same response. 2 times at dealership in one week. Tech drove the car first thing and noticed it and he drove it for several miles and returned and said he had trouble stopping at stop lights several minutes into the drive.
I WILL NOT buy another one if they buy mine back. I've got 2 small children under the age of 2 riding in this car everyday. GM customer service told me it wasn't a safety issue and I about blew a gasket, I asked him if he would feel safe if his wife and kids were in a car having this problem and he agreed he wouldn't.

I understand you guys saying let it idle but, this shouldn't be an issue in the first place. Also, this is a major major safety issue, not braking properly is a big deal. I can tell my wife 10 times a day to let it idle but it doesn't stick.

My question to GM was is it going to take a wreck to get them to do something. Love your car all you want but I don't.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:28 PM

Did you file a complaint with NHTSA????
I can't believe they are going to buy your car back........
If they do they should buy them all back which will not happen......

Originally Posted by 7m34life
I'm in the middle of negotiations with dealership and GM to buy my car back. I'm tired of dealing with it. I've let the car idle over a minute and backed out with the same response. 2 times at dealership in one week. Tech drove the car first thing and noticed it and he drove it for several miles and returned and said he had trouble stopping at stop lights several minutes into the drive.
I WILL NOT buy another one if they buy mine back. I've got 2 small children under the age of 2 riding in this car everyday. GM customer service told me it wasn't a safety issue and I about blew a gasket, I asked him if he would feel safe if his wife and kids were in a car having this problem and he agreed he wouldn't.

I understand you guys saying let it idle but, this shouldn't be an issue in the first place. Also, this is a major major safety issue, not braking properly is a big deal. I can tell my wife 10 times a day to let it idle but it doesn't stick.

My question to GM was is it going to take a wreck to get them to do something. Love your car all you want but I don't.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by tomw
Who's to say they will buy it back. Thats what I'm hoping for. They should buy them all back, thats my thoughts. Unsafe is unsafe.....
Old 09-25-2008, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by tomw
Why can't you believe it?
Old 09-25-2008, 09:06 PM

I think they would buy it back but what do I know :)
Old 09-25-2008, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by savello
I think they would buy it back but what do I know :)
I hope they do dude. I don't feel comfortable about my wife driving it. I'm taking it to Oklahoma City to the dealership of purchase on Saturday, they're giving me a loaner so they can check it out. They said they probably have a little more stroke with GM since they are on one of the top dealerships in Oklahoma.

I won't get another one.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:56 PM

I hope they do dude. I don't feel comfortable about my wife driving it. I'm taking it to Oklahoma City to the dealership of purchase on Saturday, they're giving me a loaner so they can check it out. They said they probably have a little more stroke with GM since they are on one of the top dealerships in Oklahoma.

I won't get another one.
I know that a fix is in the works for it that's why I went for the 2009 model and also I am hoping to have better luck with the 5 speed
Old 09-25-2008, 10:15 PM
XXL

They said they probably have a little more stroke with GM since they are on one of the top dealerships in Oklahoma.
You know the sales pitch they used to get you to buy the car? They're still selling you.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by savello
I know that a fix is in the works for it that's why I went for the 2009 model and also I am hoping to have better luck with the 5 speed
I got word today that my case has been escalated to a "GM liazon (sp) to platform engineering" regarding my car and should hear something by early next week. This is the first new car I have ever purchsed, and it has been one of the bigger hassels of my life. The car has been sitting in the same spot at the dealer for the last 6 days. I wonder how hard the brakes are right now???

Oh well. I have been told that the vacuum canister is being worked on but they are waiting on new brackets to be engineered to fit the vehicle. When a retrofit is done, is there any recertification that needs to be done in order to release it to the public? I would hate to have to wait on some red tape BS

Quick Reply: 2008 HHR SS Brake issue/buy back