SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Anyone with the Performance Display have this happen.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 05:20 PM

Anyone with the Performance Display have this happen.....

Last night, I got in, started up and my boost gage got all wacky. It was on but stayed at 0 and there was a red circle with a slash thru it saying "Data Not Available". All the other gages worked fine. As most of you have read, I have been having boost issues and this made me bervous, but the car ran fine so I figured the display must be bad. But just the boost gage?
This morning it worked .....however....now I am not able to change the gage colors like before. Only black. I am going to have to bring the car in......again....but did any of you guys ever have this? This poor car has more issues than any GM car I have ever owned combined....and I had a lot!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:06 PM

No problem with mine. Can't understand why they didn't add oil pressure as an option. I'm old school, I like to know the oil pressure!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by DAVCOXX
No problem with mine. Can't understand why they didn't add oil pressure as an option. I'm old school, I like to know the oil pressure!
I'm with you on that. I did learn something interesting about the RPD one night. The car will not start without it plugged in.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by DAVCOXX

Agreed! Even my Aeroforce gauges read something like "1772 psi" for oil pressure.... oil temp though, no problem.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:23 AM

I've had my map fail before and that's what it shows, and it has failed again in the last 2 weeks. lasted almost a year, but what really sucks is that my ecu failed the first time and I think it has failed again. I've swapped out the map with a good one and it still won't read. I've scanned it with hptuners and it won't read at all either, which has to be the manifold map on my car because I could log vacuum. I have to take it into the dealer soon for a bunch of little things aswell
Old 06-27-2010, 09:26 AM

Im ready to try and give up the car. The boost issues are killing me. It loses boost 2-3 times a week now. Last night I went out to dinner, got back in the car, backed out the space ,tapped the gas......the car shuddered and there was no boost and very little engine power. The car wound up just stalling. I started it up and tapped the gas and it started crawling forward. I just have to keep trying to press the gas and it does come back with full power. This is so dangerous. Tech at the dealer cant figure it out. Uusually this happens on the parkway and I have to coast until the boost comes back. Thats a load of fun with cars coming up on you. What a shame and a dissapointment this car is to me. Love the car when it works but who can drive like this for another 4-5 years of my loan? Problem is I owe more than the car is worth traded in right now. I can wait a year but driving like this is nuts and dangerous.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:56 PM

its the stage kit that's created your problems. take it to the dealer who installed and tell them to make sure the wires are soldiered, that the boss on the lower map has been shaved down properly, and that the orings have been changed to the proper orings that are included with the kit. the orings that come on the sensors are not large enough to seal properly. this are some of the attributing factors to the problems experianced with most peoples stage kit installs that I've read.

those few things should clear up almost anyones problem with the stage kits. the fault is not just your dealers but the instructions included in the kit. if the sensor was not shaved down enough, it may not contact just sitting idle but engines move...

edit: I just reread your post. if the map is not reading and your having the boost problem as well, the wiring is NOT done correctly. the wiring is loosing connection and therefor will not boost along with cutting your throttle badly.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jaxon
its the stage kit that's created your problems. take it to the dealer who installed and tell them to make sure the wires are soldiered, that the boss on the lower map has been shaved down properly, and that the orings have been changed to the proper orings that are included with the kit. the orings that come on the sensors are not large enough to seal properly. this are some of the attributing factors to the problems experianced with most peoples stage kit installs that I've read.

those few things should clear up almost anyones problem with the stage kits. the fault is not just your dealers but the instructions included in the kit. if the sensor was not shaved down enough, it may not contact just sitting idle but engines move...

edit: I just reread your post. if the map is not reading and your having the boost problem as well, the wiring is NOT done correctly. the wiring is loosing connection and therefor will not boost along with cutting your throttle badly.
Thanks for the reply. I actually am the Parts Manager at that dealer. The tech who worked on the car sweares he soldered them after the wires shredded off 2 months ago. I dont think he shaved the boss, he did do something with the sensor so he could get the wires on as it's tight. I am going to have them look at it on Tuesday as I am off tomorrow. Just today, I turned left to go up a small hill and the cra shuddered and lost boost. I had it floored up the hill as there were cars behind me. It would nod accelerate or boost past 2 lbs. Very dangerous. It took about a half mile before I had full power again. My gage is working fine again by the way......just looses boost all the time.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:47 PM

check the boss and the orings, I would just change the orings out and make sure he lubes them very well before trying to install them.

on a side note, how do you get a job at a dealer in the parts area? I have been wondering this for a while, figured you'd be a good person to ask.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jaxon
check the boss and the orings, I would just change the orings out and make sure he lubes them very well before trying to install them.

on a side note, how do you get a job at a dealer in the parts area? I have been wondering this for a while, figured you'd be a good person to ask.
I'll tell him. As for the job, well I got a job as a parts delivery driver for a local Chevy store at age 18. They made me a counterman a year after. That was 1987.Eventually became a Parts Manager. Im 42 now. Its been a career. Its not easy now to get into one as there are so many GM parts guys unemployed right now.......plus dealers require experience. I advise younger guys against the Auto Industry....especially now. It was fun a long time ago but it sucks now. Working for a dealer lost it's charm for me.......