SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Boost Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 05:43 PM

Question Boost Issues

Code PO236 (boost perform.)

That happened a couple weeks ago, took it to the dealer for oil change and that issue. Dealer stated parts not available, I believe this since it's been a topic on this forum, a week later they call, the parts are in wow. So I take it in today, they have it about 2 1/2 hrs. I come home no problems, open the hood to look at the sensor (now that I"ve read the work order) it states new sensor was different and had to modify and reinstall existing. My problem is they installed it with a zip tie, called the dealership service dept. and they appear fine with this. What they've done is turn it 90% so the plug is away from the AC compressor, my question does this sound right?
Old 11-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Premium Member

Hey Rainmaker,

Have read that some have had a pipe bent to make clearance turning the connector the other way almost sounds too simple how is it working? Does it go zoom again? I'm headed to renton in the morning you going to be anywhere close?
Old 11-29-2010, 09:57 PM

Yea turning it makes since, the wire tie is whats making me a little uneasy, runs fine pulled 14 to 15 psi in stock and 23 to 25 in Trifecta tune mode.
No I'm stuck on the Island until Sun
Old 11-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Premium Member

Just thought I'd check so you have a switch to throw for the tune? I wonder how that would work on top of stg1 does it change the mpg when you go trifecta? I remind myself of a child in the back seat Are we there yet? how many more turns? sorry for all the questions Glad they got your car fixed

sam
Old 11-30-2010, 05:58 AM

I do not understand them turning a 2 bar map. It should not have a clearance issue. The 3 bar Bosch Map is bent the other way and can have clearance issues.

They can turn the map and reinstall it if needed but the proper fix is to take off the bumper cover and move the IC forward with a couple fender washers.

I would like to know if this fix they have is dealer or GM inspired.

Not sure I would like the pull tie dear though it most likely would work.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:37 AM

SS, I have the stage 1 installed, so when we installed the trifecta we went back to the stock setting but did dialed in the stock setting for better performance, the mpg does go down in the trifecta mode but only to 26 or 27 mpg were as I get 30 to 32 with stock.

Hyper, agreed that why I've posted here to get the feed back from the experts like yourself, I've asked for a copy of the dealers bulletin. The wire tie is the one thing that bugs me most.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rainman
SS, I have the stage 1 installed, so when we installed the trifecta we went back to the stock setting but did dialed in the stock setting for better performance, the mpg does go down in the trifecta mode but only to 26 or 27 mpg were as I get 30 to 32 with stock.

Hyper, agreed that why I've posted here to get the feed back from the experts like yourself, I've asked for a copy of the dealers bulletin. The wire tie is the one thing that bugs me most.
Yep GM may take the easy way at times but pull ties here are even less than what they would normally do.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:03 PM

Took mine in for wires today...waitng to see how they handle it..suggested the washer m od but dont have faith they will use it....they looking at the motor mounts also
Old 12-02-2010, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
Took mine in for wires today...waitng to see how they handle it..suggested the washer m od but dont have faith they will use it....they looking at the motor mounts also
After my gm tune had all kinds of problems I've document earlier.

Anyway, to move the sensor from the AC they put on two plastic ties to nudge the ic pipe forward. Didn't work as both ties broke, so I took it to my custom guy and had him move it forward with washers.

It's better, though still stumbles from time to time from a standing start.

Come off the line smooth then hit it and it goes like hell, but from a standing start something isn't right and I've put in the harder top motor mount which helped but still . . . ?

If I had to do it again, I would have passed on the gm tune and done trifecta.

IMO

JR

P.S. I have my hhr ss in LA and have a second residence in Dallas. I took one of my Chevy's to the GM DEALER who posts on this site and the work his dealership did was top notch, the very best. I just wish I could find the time to ship my HHR ss from LA to Dalllas and have him sort it out.