SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Found out why car pulls to left. Shocks bad at 30k miles? Warranty help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 07:41 PM

Snoop is correct. Cars wil pull toward low caster or high camber. Have alignment checked.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Platinum Member

Here this may help. It's basic, but a good starting point.

www.procare.com/includes/content/resourcecenter/encyclopedia/ch25/25readtire
Old 05-04-2012, 05:44 AM
Premium Member

Pulling may be due to misalignment and/or tire pull. Tire pull can result from poor alignment and/or manufacturing defect. When the NTB people swapped your tires around, your problem virtually disappeared---so your problem is with the alignment and/or tire pull. Struts or shocks would have to be near-totally shot to affect tire wear---doubtful yours are worn out unless you notice the fluid has leaked out, or your car rocks up and down more than once when you push down hard on the corners then release. Find a reputable, quality shop that does alignments and brakes, only. If the car still pulls with the correct alignment, you may need to replace at least the front tires.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:54 AM

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far everyone. I'm going to see what the dealer says on Tuesday, then I'll probably head back to Discount Tire (I've been working with them too since NTB first said it was the tires that were bad).

I'll keep you all updated. Also, would it help if I scanned my alignment printouts from NTB and posted them here?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Platinum Member

So what is your status on this? You've had the car to the dealer for a couple days. Have they given any indications?
Old 05-10-2012, 03:45 AM

Thanks for asking! They have had the car for a "few" days now and there is no diagnosis yet. They didn't look at it on Tuesday and yesterday they said the pull was minimal. They are going to look at it further today and let me know what they come up with. The service person mentioned getting it up on the rack to check out the alignment, so I really hope they do not charge me for another alignment! I've had two done at NTB already over the past couple of weeks.

I will keep you all updated if/when they discover what the issue is.

Brian
Old 05-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Platinum Member

Just so you know:

I remember my alignment guy saying the GM spec.'s allow for a car to be within the REQUIRED SPEC. BUT will still be out of alignment when it comes to pull. He said, both sides need to be adjusted accordingly (kind of a give and take until it works)to prevent the off center wheel and pull/drift.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:27 AM

I got the car back yesterday. They want to do the brake fix first because they think that has something to do with the pull. I don't believe they are related, but I'm going to be patient and get these things fixed in order. So, later next week I should be getting the vacuum pump added and hopefully they'll diagnose the pull then as well. I don't like the fix taking this long when I have a baby due any day! I'm hoping my patience will pay off though and they will find the fix of the pull under my warranty.

Brian
Old 05-26-2012, 09:09 AM

Just wanted to update that the parts came in for the brake repair (finally), and I'll be dropping the car off next Thursday for that repair. Then, they will try to figure out the pull.

Brian
Old 05-27-2012, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by JAMIROBri
Just wanted to update that the parts came in for the brake repair (finally), and I'll be dropping the car off next Thursday for that repair. Then, they will try to figure out the pull.

Brian
Thank you for sharing the update. I hope this will take care of the pulling concerns with your HHR. I look forward to reading more information about how things go.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

Quick Reply: Found out why car pulls to left. Shocks bad at 30k miles? Warranty help?