SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Goldline Springs Installed!! Detailed Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by sndsgood
all that says is the same thing the guy above said, gm has to prove that the aftermarket part specifically caused the other parts to fail it states it right here.

"GM will not be responsible for costs associated with the repair of these vehicles due to failure of the aftermarket installed components or failures of related vehicle systems induced by these non-GM approved products."

that says if an aftermarket part fails and causes other related parts to fail then gm won't cover it. which is how its always been. but if you put in lowering springs and your motor fails gm can not void your warantee. now if you put in lowering springs gm will likely void out say if you have a wheel bearing go bad or a shock go bad or any suspention part. but that would be because its directly related to the aftermarket part.

as for the pedders coilovers. they do have their place, and they seem to be a great product and if it was one of my other cars i'd probalby go with them. but for just the daily cummuter which right now is what my ss is, for the cost diffrence a set of goldines will suffice, i had them on my previous hhr and the ride quality was still pretty good. the only downside was with heavy snow my car acting like a snow plow. my only regrets is being lazy when i traded the old hhr for the new ss and not taking the goldlines on. i had heard about the stiffer spring rates and figured companies would make a new spring with the stiffer rates, but it looks like we won't be getting that.
Exactly, on the warranty stuff. And in some cases, where things get expensive you may have to get a lawyer to hit that point. Many dealers have lost in cost over that point and they're backing off a bit, but it varies dealer to dealer. Its best to get it in writing. Also, they're far less uptight if they make money off the install. You bring in your Hahn intercooler and they install it. This varies widely too. You just need to know your dealer and their service dept.

I hear ya on the goldlines. Luckily I don't have much snow in NC, but I am from New England originally and I feel ya. If I was up there I might like the FWD. I hate it here. Torque steer sucks. No drifting sucks. And not having AWD handling like a STi or an EVO sucks too. For me in the south, its the worst of all worlds. Its the only thing I can not stand about the HHR SS.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:58 PM

yeah another thing to rememer as stated above, all dealerships are diffrent, some may do it just so they can get on your good graces in hopes of you buying a car. we had bought a sunfire new off the lot. after a couple days driving i had noticed to small dings in the roof that i know i didnt do. took it to one dealer and he's like well you probalby did them yourselves so i have to charge you. so i said, nope sorry and left. went to another dealership and they are like no problem we'll get them fixed right away and then i asked about the mirrors having them color matched to the car and he painted those as well on warantee work, i didnt pay a dime. because of that when i was looking for a new car they were the first place i went to to look since they treated me so well. all dealerships are not the same.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:56 AM

Did your SS come with the black grill or did you buy it? If bought where did you get it?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
I wonder-
I have goldline leveling springs. Kit wise, arent the rears the same drop? Im wondering if I can just get the fronts if this is the case. I want to lower my 2LT all the way around.
Fronts are not sold seperately.

Lowering Kit drops 1.75" Front and 2.125" Rear. They seem to settle a bit more after awhile too.

Leveling springs - 1.60" rear only.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by chadpuska
Goldline IMO.If you use your car for hauling stuff or anything heavy don't get these springs.
Never had a problem hauling my bass and band equipment every weekend.