SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Motor mounts for the ss auto?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tyler Harvey
This is more of a understanding question. I've never changed my motor mounts to aftermarket. I understand the bonuses of going aftermarket. A tech had told me one time that an engine is suppose to have a little play in it, otherwise other parts COULD start breaking? What is your take on this guys? Thanks for the help.

It is not a single milled piece, it is two parts with a hard rubber (?) bushing. An actual "solid" mount would probably be unwise on a street car and if you think the vibration with the TTR one is bad...
BTW, I don't even notice the vibration unless the A/C is on and still it really not that bad. Get the mount you won't be disappointed.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:03 AM

I finally Put in my TTR upper mount on my auto SS today. It's pretty freakin awesome. Felt the difference right away. Totally worth it. The stock mount was in pretty bad shape. Way to go TTR keep it up.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:14 AM

Hey all, I am a believer! After 80k the small bolt was the only thing holding the OEM mount together, even if you don't buy it for the performance aspect this part or another OEM is eventually gonna be needed no matter what. I'm glad I got mine.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:35 AM

From what I understand this product will not void a warranty unless it is proven to have broken a part
I like the idea that with the GM turbo upgrade it would restrict the amount of movement of the engine therby lessening the chance of the lower tmap sensor getting hit or the wiring getting worn.
I believe someone mentioned it would allow the boost to come up quicker ?
not seeing how this is possible when the throttle cable is hooked to the engine?
Maybe I read wrong?
Old 08-03-2012, 12:14 PM

I believe if there is tire slippage, and the TCS is on, the computer may dial back torque somewhat. This may interfere with building boost. If the mount prevents traction loss and associated 'dial-back' caused by the engine torquing in its mounts, boost may seem to build faster. That is the best I can do to speculate why folks may perceive this. I'm not entirely convinced myself.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
From what I understand this product will not void a warranty unless it is proven to have broken a part
I like the idea that with the GM turbo upgrade it would restrict the amount of movement of the engine therby lessening the chance of the lower tmap sensor getting hit or the wiring getting worn.
I believe someone mentioned it would allow the boost to come up quicker ?
not seeing how this is possible when the throttle cable is hooked to the engine?
Maybe I read wrong?
quote from above: "not seeing how this is possible when the throttle cable is hooked to the engine"
( I don't think HHR's have throttle cables)
Old 08-03-2012, 02:22 PM

Heh, I took his meaning, but it is a virtual throttle cable, so to speak. In logging, I can see the difference between the position of the actual pedal and the modified throttle % yielded by the car's computer. So the pedal position may be showing 100% but the computer is dialing the actual % back as tires slip or torque limits are exceeded.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Former Sponsor

More shipping!
Old 09-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Any questions, let us know.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by foxtrotraptor
I finally Put in my TTR upper mount on my auto SS today. It's pretty freakin awesome. Felt the difference right away. Totally worth it. The stock mount was in pretty bad shape. Way to go TTR keep it up.

Looks great!

Quick Reply: Motor mounts for the ss auto?