Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

Tire size

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rain
Quick additional question - Any reason not to run these on a 2011 HHR?
Continental - ProContact ECOPlus
215/60R16SL

Looks like the height is going to be the same (26.1").
Should not be a problem. If they mount onto the front and do not touch the lower shock mount all is good.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:34 PM

Thanks - Checking pricing tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:25 AM
Platinum Member

Make sure you also check clearance once hhr is back on the ground..
Old 10-13-2012, 09:17 AM

I got the Michelin Defenders about a month ago. They're great. I suspect they are a stiffer tire. I'm hearing more noise in the front end. Strut mounts?

Side note: I go out to the parking lot to get in after Discount Tire put on the new tires. I look at the wheels and all 4 baby moons are all dented in, some look like they went through a Texas hail storm. I go back in and the store manager said, "Uh, yea, I had a real hard time putting them back on." He tells me he would order new ones, and call me. Guess what? No call. I would not be surprised if I call and discover that he no longer works there, and NO ONE has any idea of what I'm talking about.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Premium Member

Discount tire replaced my wheels when they scratched them, make sure they documented the problem on your account.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by JazzDad
I got the Michelin Defenders about a month ago. They're great. I suspect they are a stiffer tire. I'm hearing more noise in the front end. Strut mounts?

Side note: I go out to the parking lot to get in after Discount Tire put on the new tires. I look at the wheels and all 4 baby moons are all dented in, some look like they went through a Texas hail storm. I go back in and the store manager said, "Uh, yea, I had a real hard time putting them back on." He tells me he would order new ones, and call me. Guess what? No call. I would not be surprised if I call and discover that he no longer works there, and NO ONE has any idea of what I'm talking about.
First of all, how could a Store Manager that actually re-installed the baby moons and knowingly damaged them to that extent not tell you up front?
He parks your car out on the lot hoping you don't notice until after you have left and then can say somebody else must have done that.
Sleez Ball ...
I question if they in fact plan to re order and replace, and whether they even know where to order the same product.
I would go back there Immediatly .. don't just call .. and find out whats happening and tell them you want them to replace with the same product.
If they can't give you the answer you want at least get their response in writing on your receipt.
I would consider asking for the Cash Back to replace them yourself.
Don't Hesitate as the longer you wait the harder it will be to resolve.
Each store has different people so I can't say it's par for the course, but our store here is run buy a bunch of Donkeys that play games all the time.
I will not go in the store any more ... Period.

SF

Last edited by Silverfox; 10-13-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:51 PM

I am puzzeled that you suspect that these are a stiffer ride.
I assume that you bought the 215/60r/16's Standard load. 95T

They have a longer aspect ratio. That should account toward a softer ride and also less noise transfer.

What Cold air pressures front and rear are you using ? Do you have an accurate gauge?
Check pressures first thing in the morning before driven and no Sun getting on to any tire.

Michelin gives the Defender a 9 out of 10 rating for comfort.
For what their Ratings are worth !!

Last edited by Silverfox; 10-13-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Silverfox
First of all, how could a Store Manager that actually re-installed the baby moons and knowingly damaged them to that extent not tell you up front? Pretty amazing, what?
He parks your car out on the lot hoping you don't notice until after you have left and then can say somebody else must have done that. That's what we said.
Sleez Ball ...
I question if they in fact plan to re order and replace, and whether they even know where to order the same product.
I would go back there Immediatly .. don't just call .. [about 70 miles from home] and find out whats happening and tell them you want them to replace with the same product.
If they can't give you the answer you want at least get their response in writing on your receipt.
I would consider asking for the Cash Back to replace them yourself.
Don't Hesitate as the longer you wait the harder it will be to resolve.
Each store has different people so I can't say it's par for the course, but our store here is run buy a bunch of Donkeys that play games all the time.
I will not go in the store any more ... Period.

SF
Called there today. Steve said they are in; I just need to come by and have his folks install them. We only get there maybe twice a year. We're country folks, and don't get to town often.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:03 PM

Called there today. Steve said they are in; I just need to come by and have his folks install them. We only get there maybe twice a year. We're country folks, and don't get to town often.
have his folks install them?Do they have a new guy that can install them without using a ballpeen hammer? I'd go & pick them up & install them my self!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Panels4Life
have his folks install them?Do they have a new guy that can install them without using a ballpeen hammer? I'd go & pick them up & install them my self!
A big X's 2

Only downside is you damage them installing...

Quick Reply: Tire size