Size:  85.1 KB
Old 01-16-2015, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by JerseyJames
A Member's ride ...

Sweet
Now that is sexy...
Old 01-17-2015, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Very sexy but , that is the HHR with the redrilled Mustang rim's he had some machine work done to the back of the centre hub of the wheels and I believe he required spacers so they would clear the front calipers, so not a simple bolt on read the insert in post #8 from JerseyJames about Romeo~Rocks he even mentions centric rings
Old 01-17-2015, 12:59 PM

Romeo Rocks ride

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Very sexy but , that is the HHR with the redrilled Mustang rim's he had some machine work done to the back of the centre hub of the wheels and I believe he required spacers so they would clear the front calipers, so not a simple bolt on read the insert in post #8 from JerseyJames about Romeo~Rocks he even mentions centric rings

Yeah,at the time was not a bolt on. Had this done in 3-13-2013. factory probably didn't offer the wheels with HHR pattern at that time. not Mustang bullet - but this - American Racing Torq Thrust M. He had the backs of the wheels machined to that back spacing, along with the redrilled bolt pattern. The centric rings may be a European thing? (he's in Switzerland). Looked back at some of his posts & the bullet wheels were discussed, but he got the Torq Thrusts at the specs in post #8, this thread.
Moot point as at Amazon,
American Racing Torq Thrust M 2008 HHR wheel American Racing Torq Thrust M 2008 HHR wheel
says wheels fits a 2008 HHR ... & at that price may get a set myself!
That being said, ask vendor (if you can) about what if rims don't fit and get it IN WRITING. as they say "caveat emptor" - let the buyer deware

p.s. don't forget to check on lug nuts, do you need different ones to run this rim?
Old 01-18-2015, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by prod
The problem is you cannot rely on quoted measurements, the only way to be sure is a test fitting or a wide margin for error. My current wheels are 16x7 with 38mm offset and wouldn't fit. The shop that did the mounting and installation didn't even give them a spin to check for rubbing. I drove out with a horrible grinding and found the wheels were dragging on the front calipers. A quick trip to the store for two 1/8" spacers solved it.
In this case I would go for the 17s due to the extra backspacing to clear the brake calipers.
After reading about Prods experience way back when I got the same wheels AND spacers and have had no issues

AR shows many choices for the HHR

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sx_as?qi...4--5-------1-1
Old 01-18-2015, 07:41 PM

The problem is you cannot rely on quoted measurements, the only way to be sure is a test fitting or a wide margin for error. My current wheels are 16x7 with 38mm offset and wouldn't fit. The shop that did the mounting and installation didn't even give them a spin to check for rubbing. I drove out with a horrible grinding and found the wheels were dragging on the front calipers. A quick trip to the store for two 1/8" spacers solved it.
In this case I would go for the 17s due to the extra backspacing to clear the brake calipers.
Offset & backspacing have nothing to do with rotor clearance, & everything to
do with where the wheel sits, [inside/outside], clearances.

The wheel spoke design, has everything to do about rotor clearances.
You needed spacers because of the thick Cadillac spoke design...
Those Cadillac wheels are heavy *****es, costing you fuel mileage , & horsepower.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by 2005HHRauto
Offset & backspacing have nothing to do with rotor clearance, & everything to
do with where the wheel sits, [inside/outside], clearances.

The wheel spoke design, has everything to do about rotor clearances.
You needed spacers because of the thick Cadillac spoke design...
Those Cadillac wheels are heavy *****es, costing you fuel mileage , & horsepower.
You're right, just looked it up. I had thought backspacing measured to the spokes, but in fact it measures to the mounting surface. Kinda silly as the offset combined with rim width makes it somewhat redundant.
Ya the caddy rims are thick spokes flat on the back, not very common thankfully. Very heavy for 16, but very solid and I believe made in germany.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:24 PM

You're right, just looked it up. I had thought backspacing measured to the spokes, but in fact it measures to the mounting surface. Kinda silly as the offset combined with rim width makes it somewhat redundant.
Ya the caddy rims are thick spokes flat on the back, not very common thankfully. Very heavy for 16, but very solid and I believe made in germany.
I like what Japanese technology has done with wheels, lightweight & very strong.
http://www.mynismo.com/images/mat.pdf
My wife has a small digital kitchen scale, 0-10 lb range.
My Enkei wheels all weigh in at just a hair under 9.5lbs...
I use them all year round, on my DD, & haven't had any issues, after 3 years, even after hitting winter potholes. I still find it hard to believe that aluminum wheels, can be made so light & strong...
Old 01-22-2015, 08:48 AM

part 2 of torque thrust question

ok guys, thought my tires were in better shape so was going to tranfer them over to the 16" torque thrusts, but checked manufacture dates on tire and they are 2009, so anyway gonna go with the 17" torque thrusts now, lots of info when i searched tire sizes but nothing in stone. whats the best size. dont want a lower overall tire size, want wider. will a 245/45/17 fit ? keep in mind the wheel is 7.5" wide and offset is 45MM

thanks again
Old 01-22-2015, 10:02 AM
Administrator

According to the tire rim calculator tool in the toolbar, yes they will

Quick Reply: Torque Thrust Wheels