War Stories HHR vs all

Caliber vs HHR

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 08:29 AM

We looked at them too and most of them on the lot didnt have cruise control. From the back all you see is the giant silver gas tank. When we test drove one, the engine felt weak and noisy. I felt too cramped in it and had to keep my seat too far forward to have my kids site in the back comfortably. Electronics were next to nothing. Very basic. I'm gald we went HHR....
Old 05-23-2010, 06:54 PM

I was actually looking at a Caliber SRT4 and the HHR SS.
I like the styling of the SRT4 and the wheels.

But the HHR SS has the added room I like in the back, (I haul new car parts for World Pac and need the room.)

The SS and the SRT4 looks great, but between the standard models like the R/T and the LT, The HHR looks far better IMO.

Kimmyskunk
Old 05-23-2010, 07:08 PM

What is it with Dodge and no cruise. My sister in law bought a new Nitro....no cruise!
Old 05-24-2010, 02:59 PM

My girlfriend just bought a caliber. To get the same options you have to move up to the sxt, and it still has a less powerful 2.0 and with the cvt auto seems underpowered. The interior isnt as nice, and has more road noise.
Still a decent car though as they can be a couple thousand cheaper than the hhr.
From what i have seen of the srt vs ss, they are more powerful (2.4 turbo) but still less refined.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:20 AM

Cool

I looked at both. HHR looked bigger & I had stumbled onto a car web site that compared both. They said the HHR was the better buy. I've had Dodges before, Shadows & Sundances. After I got my HHR I know why I like those cars, I like upright seating position. My last car was a '98 Saturn SC2. Got great mileage & had enough power for a 4 banger. Seemed Chevy was making a good quality car since they are looking for business, gave them a serious look, & this site helped me a lot! I haven't been this thrilled to drive a car since my 1986 Starion. Hollywood Hot Rod fits like a glove. Braking is very good compared to my BMW, considering HHR has rear drum brakes. Better than my ole Saturn which had all disc! Rides great even over the rough surface of the Belt Parkway construction. If Chevy promoted the car more, they would probably sell more of 'um. Guys at work admire the way the chrome dresses up the car. I love the Chevy chrome wheels. People think I bought custom wheels. Cargo space is perfect fit when I transport my Garden Railway trains for public displays. The guys in my club what to trade in their 4wd because of the benefits of a truck without the weight. Caliber would not have fit the trains as well. I very happy I went Chevy this time around.