War Stories HHR vs all

Didn't Take Long

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 03:45 PM
Platinum Member

From experience.....

A knowledgable, experienced and well trained officer who sets up properly and selects his location wisely will win every time.....even against the best attorneys and radar detectors (my score 215W-0L). However currently, very few officers are trained thoroughly and properly.

"You cross the line....you pay the fine".
Old 07-09-2006, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Yup there is no way to beat VASCAR. You guys also left out instant-on and laser, radar detectors are practicaly useless against either. Don't forget if your driving though Virgina, Washington DC, or Canada to remove your radar detector from sight and don't use it because they are illegal and the police use VG-2 and Spectre to catch you using it. I've only had problems in Canada but the police officer was nice and made me remove the detector without giving me a ticket. There is also the most used method of detecting speeding, pacing your car so they don't ever have to use radar or laser. I used to swear by a radar detector but over the years I've realized that they are pretty useless and have gotten speeding tickets even while using a top of the line detector. Your eyes are a better detection device than any radar detector.
The last time I got a speeding ticket was the ONE WEEK I owned a radar detector!!

They got me by pacing me. The next day, it went back to where I bought it and I haven't had a ticket since, 15+ years later!

If you drive smart and safe you may never get a ticket. Half the battle is being familiar with where they like to set up. Plus I've been lucky; did 20+ over the limit to-and-back from Bristol and the only officer we saw already had someone pulled over.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:47 PM

If they want to bust you they will,mention in court you have a radar detector
and that will blow your case,Its happned to me when I was young and foolish..
Perhaps a Romulian cloaking device from Star Trek might work.....
Old 07-09-2006, 07:12 PM

Dont care about regular police in my city. Can't say what my wife does but some how city tickets go missing? =?) But you can't hate cause even the police come asking for there kids ticket then oopps i lost it. SSSHHHH i got the hook up
Old 07-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by upOnGamE
Dont care about regular police in my city. Can't say what my wife does but some how city tickets go missing? =?) But you can't hate cause even the police come asking for there kids ticket then oopps i lost it. SSSHHHH i got the hook up

What ?????????
Old 07-09-2006, 11:30 PM

I drive a LOT... 92 miles one way to the office and then some... I have a decent radar detector, but I don't normally depend on it on the highway, 90% of my daily commute. Where mine seems to save me is during city driving. Those Plano, TX cops are brutal and sneaky and luckily my detector saves me from them on a regular basis. I've pretty much got the State Troopers pretty much down on where they like to hang out. Even still when I first started making my commute I got pulled over a few times and my PI license saved me....

CBL
Old 07-10-2006, 10:22 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by captain howdy
There is also the most used method of detecting speeding, pacing your car so they don't ever have to use radar or laser.
Here in S. Fl., the Highway Patrol has started using unmarked Mercury Muraders for that very reason. These Mercs don't look like your typical unmarked cruisers. They have upgraded rims (chrome) and no exterior antennae to give them away.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:16 PM

They finally caught me

Today I was driving back from Atlanta airport to Ft. Gordon when I got pulled over for the 3rd time since having my HHR. But, this time the GA State Patrol was all abour giving me a ticket. He had set up on an overpass bridge with a clear view down I-20. He clocked me at 91 in a 70. Tomorrow I have to call and find out how much this ticket is going to cost, I just know that this will be a painful call to make.

Nick
Old 08-27-2006, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Airborne_Beachbum
Today I was driving back from Atlanta airport to Ft. Gordon when I got pulled over for the 3rd time since having my HHR. But, this time the GA State Patrol was all abour giving me a ticket. He had set up on an overpass bridge with a clear view down I-20. He clocked me at 91 in a 70. Tomorrow I have to call and find out how much this ticket is going to cost, I just know that this will be a painful call to make.

Nick
if you go north on i95 be careful around the 175 marker
Old 05-30-2007, 12:14 PM

Finally!!!!!!

Finally got an HHR. Used 2006 1LT with 20,000 mi. LOVE IT. Can't believe I waited so long. It's Majestic Amethyst. Goes well since I back the KSU Wildcats. My wife asked when I was going to start sleeping in it 'cause I tinker with it so much. Asked her to get me a pillow.

Quick Reply: Didn't Take Long