War Stories HHR vs all

HHR against HONDA ELEMENT

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 09:55 PM

Cool

I think Z-Man's wife has a new '07 Element...maybe the 2 of them could do a little drag racin'...
I used to want a Honda Element, 'til I saw the HHR!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 06:49 AM

I considered the whole Element vs. HHR thing prior to my purchase as well. Maybe in the States it's different, but here in Canada I got an HHR for +$5000 cheaper than the Element.

It also helps that the HHR doesn't look like ass . Oh yeah, my wife makes fun of every Element she sees as being an eyesore - still the only vehicle she looks at with disdain.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:01 AM

Well hey guys I see some one is Talking about the Honda Element. I read some were were he paid less for the HHr then the Element well let me tell you this. MY wife just purchased a 2007 Honda Element EX, AT w/4x4 and we were given the sticker of $23,705.00

On Feb 12 2007 I was sitting in My Doctor's Office waiting to see him and I was reading a Book, and guess what I seen when I turned the Page, The 2007Honda Element so I turned to the front of the book to find the name and it was the Feb Issue of the Consumer Report, It was giving the Specs of the Element and vehicles that are the same or equal to the Element.

Now the Consumer Report stated in this book for Feb 2007 how to purchase a vehicle and how to get the price for the vehicle and if you call the 1-800
phone number if you wanted to find out what the Dealership paid for that vehicle. So the next thing I did was go to Honda.com and guess what the Element was some how listed in there system they asked for my zip code and hit enter and the Dealership came up and also the price for the vehicle.

Once I registered on line with the Dealership they contacted us and they had to sell us the vehicle for what the Consumer report had given us and the price was $18,000.00. So now my wife now has a New 2007 Honda Element fully loaded I mean everything, she then told them that she was going to trade in her 2003 Honda Element and they gave her $8,000.00 for a trade in.

Her's was the 1st Element that was made 2003. You know you will not find any Honda 's at a Renta Car place at all , Why is that. I love my HHr but Honda just never really deals when it comes to a vehicle purchase. So what I am saying is this, Yes you can get a HHr cheaper then an Element but what are you getting I know some one on this site who purchased a 2006 HHr for $14,000.00 brand new but there was nothing in it, and if you see it now its Outstanding he wanted to put everything on his HHr him self. So you get what you pay for.

The Honda Element has 166hp 2.4 DOHC valve i-VTEC 4-Cylinder Engine and that has a 4x4 the HHr has what about 177hp and its front wheel drive.

My wife laugh's at the HHr in the winter here in Chicago when her Element just keeps on driving and watching the HHr slowly tries to get thru the snow. It is all what you make it. I love my HHr 2LT and my wife loves her Element but I do like driving her Element in the Winter.

Rudy (Z-Man) and Da Z-Lady
Old 03-10-2007, 10:16 AM

Element

A couple of years ago a guy I know bought an Element. Every time his friends saw an Element they would call him on his cell phone and tell him they just saw him on the road. Of course most of the time he was home or nowhere near where they said he was. They would tell him it had to be him...there couldn't be anybody else that would buy anything so ugly. He didn't keep that thing long. BTW...my wife also thinks they are "cute"...thank God she likes the HHR better.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by hhrmajesty
A couple of years ago a guy I know bought an Element. Every time his friends saw an Element they would call him on his cell phone and tell him they just saw him on the road. Of course most of the time he was home or nowhere near where they said he was. They would tell him it had to be him...there couldn't be anybody else that would buy anything so ugly. He didn't keep that thing long. BTW...my wife also thinks they are "cute"...thank God she likes the HHR better.
Majesty
Wait a minute Bud, I never said the Element was Cute I know 1st Hand that the Element is 100% Ugly its so Ugly I spell it ULGY. My wife's is Jet Black and looks very nice but It looks like a TOP HAT to me. But you know when the snow is 12" or more I rather be driving my WIFE's Element then the HHr.

LOL

Late Bud

Rudy
Old 03-10-2007, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Z-Man
Majesty
Wait a minute Bud, I never said the Element was Cute I know 1st Hand that the Element is 100% Ugly its so Ugly I spell it ULGY. My wife's is Jet Black and looks very nice but It looks like a TOP HAT to me. But you know when the snow is 12" or more I rather be driving my WIFE's Element then the HHr.

LOL

Late Bud

Rudy
Hey Z-man...I didn't think YOU thought it was "cute"...but your wife probably does ...why else would she have wanted one?

BTW...When the snow is 12" or more I either stay home or take the Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 with the Cummins Turbo-Diesel.