War Stories HHR vs all

HHR SS vs. Civic hatch

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 11:18 PM

Solman98, why do you come onto the thread about street racing if your so against it? Just to post your closed minded, main stream opinions where people who dont care what you think will see them. If it makes you happier to know, most of the street racing around here happens on middle of nowhere, straight for miles, feilds on both sides, roads with no traffic or spectators except for the occasional chase car. The way I see it the only person who I may harm is myself or the other driver who is aware of the same risks. If a person wants to commit suicide who am I to stop them? I dont see why people jump in on others decisions. Like gay marraiges. Who is it hurting if no one else is at risk? I realize that its not always the case when it comes to street racing but I'd like to think that people on this forum have more sense than to be stupid about where they race. This isn't a srt4 or ms3 forum where 75% of the drivers are teens who shouldn't be driving that car to start with. All Im saying is, man, seriously, your preaching is not needed on a thread that is for what your preaching is against. It wastes everyones time and I mean no disrespect when saying that.

On another note ATLsilverSS is correct. Take a old civic hatch and drop a gsr into it you have yourself a low 14, high 13 second car. Its so light that it dont need alot of hp to get it moving pretty good. Also its capable of a harder launch due to the fact its alot lighter. If you still dont understand then go outside and run a 100 meter dash. Then take a bookbag with 50lbs in it, put it on your back, and run the same sprint and look at your time difference.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by ATLsilverSS
well if you add a power adder to the gsr motor or take the turbo off the ss the civic will win. i have an hhr ss and love it but a swapped hatch is gonna be a pretty quick car regardless....its all power to weight ratio...and that's all my point is.
If you took the wheels off a Viper I'd be able to beat that too :P
Old 11-20-2009, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by KinseySS
If you took the wheels off a Viper I'd be able to beat that too :P
Old 11-20-2009, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by acolddark0
Solman98, why do you come onto the thread about street racing if your so against it? Just to post your closed minded, main stream opinions where people who dont care what you think will see them. If it makes you happier to know, most of the street racing around here happens on middle of nowhere, straight for miles, feilds on both sides, roads with no traffic or spectators except for the occasional chase car. The way I see it the only person who I may harm is myself or the other driver who is aware of the same risks. If a person wants to commit suicide who am I to stop them? I dont see why people jump in on others decisions. Like gay marraiges. Who is it hurting if no one else is at risk? I realize that its not always the case when it comes to street racing but I'd like to think that people on this forum have more sense than to be stupid about where they race. This isn't a srt4 or ms3 forum where 75% of the drivers are teens who shouldn't be driving that car to start with. All Im saying is, man, seriously, your preaching is not needed on a thread that is for what your preaching is against. It wastes everyones time and I mean no disrespect when saying that.

On another note ATLsilverSS is correct. Take a old civic hatch and drop a gsr into it you have yourself a low 14, high 13 second car. Its so light that it dont need alot of hp to get it moving pretty good. Also its capable of a harder launch due to the fact its alot lighter. If you still dont understand then go outside and run a 100 meter dash. Then take a bookbag with 50lbs in it, put it on your back, and run the same sprint and look at your time difference.
Boy I could almost write a book on this crap.....

Street racing is illegial and stupid. Period. You don't think it or any of the other things you mentioned don't hurt people? Might want to get your head out of the sand. I'll add my comments to stuipd threads like this. If you don't like my comments, then you can just move on, cause you never know where or why my reactions on stupid things like come from. People die every day from street racing, if you don't care about that, that's your problem. Personally, I do. I've lost friends to this crap. So my suggestion to you is to just ignor my threads if you don't want to hear my comments. Cause they will be there.

What's if mean nothing. I could drop an LS7 into my HHR and blow any GSR off the road. SO I understand the "what' if's", it's just meaningless in this thread since the OP never stated it had a power adder. Or as you stated, the end results would be very different. So your point is just lost here.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:16 PM

And I bet you're the same fool talking on your cell phone while driving which has caused more accidents and killed more people than people racing. Hell I bet you drink soda and eat while driving sometimes that has got more people into accidents and killed more than people who speed. There is a door for you some where.....

Originally Posted by solman98
Boy I could almost write a book on this crap.....

Street racing is illegial and stupid. Period. You don't think it or any of the other things you mentioned don't hurt people? Might want to get your head out of the sand. I'll add my comments to stuipd threads like this. If you don't like my comments, then you can just move on, cause you never know where or why my reactions on stupid things like come from. People die every day from street racing, if you don't care about that, that's your problem. Personally, I do. I've lost friends to this crap. So my suggestion to you is to just ignor my threads if you don't want to hear my comments. Cause they will be there.

What's if mean nothing. I could drop an LS7 into my HHR and blow any GSR off the road. SO I understand the "what' if's", it's just meaningless in this thread since the OP never stated it had a power adder. Or as you stated, the end results would be very different. So your point is just lost here.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:22 PM

Here is some fat to chew on... Auto related deaths only rate for 2.09% of all deaths for a one year total...you have a better chance of dying of aids at 4.87% or even malaria at 2.23%,, hell, a bad case of the craps gives you a 3.15%,,,, As for cars, I bet most of them were caused by somebody NOT paying attention to what they were doing...not somebody who was concentrating on it. And the others could be attributed to.... IN-experience.
I'm willing to bet theres other issues here.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:00 PM

Solman98

Seriously, get off the forum. You're preaching to the wrong crowd in the wrong forum. If you know you don't approve, why even read about it? Its people like you who interrupt others in the middle of a good story. Stop being such a negative Nancy and go elsewhere. Preferrably off the site completely.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:33 PM

Street racing is stupid. If you don't agree to that you are disillusioned and a fool. If you can't afford the track, don't race. It's really simple.

That being said, I love a good racing story. I also like horror movies and global disasters. Keep it coming.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:07 PM

There's a time and a place for street racing, And the guys that are not retarded , Know when and where that is. Common sense, You don't race where it's dangerous for anyone but the racers.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:38 PM

And the battle rages on as it has since the first hot rod was ever built and will probably rage on into the Jetson age.....

Quick Reply: HHR SS vs. Civic hatch