War Stories HHR vs all

Messed up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 10:10 PM

or just tell them you hit a dog
Old 08-10-2006, 10:40 PM

Regardless of how it happened...still subject to whatever the comprehensive deductible is...unless it's a $0 deductible...which many companies don't even offer any more.

Comprehensive coverage is coverage for damage to your vehicle caused by fire and theft coverage, and covers damage to your car for anything other than a wreck, like tornados, floods, vandalism, theft, hitting a deer, etc., less the comprehensive deductible that you chose at the time you purchased the policy.

In many states, there is no deductible on windshields, because it's against state law to drive with a damaged windshield. But for the rest of your windows, you still have to pay your comprehensive deductible before they'll pay for any broken glass. You can pay more for Full Glass coverage to eliminate any deductibles for broken glass.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:48 PM

yes I do have insurance and I know they will fix it. Only problem is what will it cost in the long run. I have never had an insurance claim. Really hate the whole insurance scam. Law says you have to have it,but always get run around when you need it. Tried to make a claim once in the long run paid out of my pocket and got an out of court settlement, no insurance co involved on either side. Unless I find something else wrong (water leak, air cond not working) I will just fix it myself. nice to know the parts are available.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:51 PM

A comprehensive claim will not effect your premium like an accident would, there should not be an increase due to that type of claim.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by dudleyfamily
yes I do have insurance and I know they will fix it. Only problem is what will it cost in the long run. I have never had an insurance claim. Really hate the whole insurance scam. Law says you have to have it,but always get run around when you need it. Tried to make a claim once in the long run paid out of my pocket and got an out of court settlement, no insurance co involved on either side. Unless I find something else wrong (water leak, air cond not working) I will just fix it myself. nice to know the parts are available.
I had a similar problem some years back when my windshield got hit by something and it put a crack in it. When I went to have my truck inspected I was told that the crack, by MS law, had to be fixed. I called my insurance Co. and told them what was going on and explained that I was not sure when or what had hit my windshield. The rep said I would need to have a date for the incident, so I gave her one (made it up as I was being honest in the beginning) and was told that there would be no problem with them covering the new windshield less my deductable. Hope this of some help to you. And BTW my insurance rates did not go up and my points did not change..
Old 08-11-2006, 05:59 PM

Generally, the only thing that makes your insurance go up is at-fault accidents, where you cause damage to another vehicle or your own or both. In my years in the insurance business, I did see companies send notices to people telling them they needed to increase their comprehensive deductible or be non-renewed due to an excessive amount of claims.