War Stories HHR vs all

A real Derelict on cell phone rear ended RARE HHR!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 12:38 PM

I'm suprised the CHP didn't cite him. Depending on his age he should of been using hands free, or no phone at all if he's under 21 I think. But at the least the new california law is you must be hands-free.

Really sorry to hear about the RARE HHR being hit. Make him pay you cash or take it out of his insurance. I wouldn't recommend using your insurance.

also, if memory serves, a police report is supposed to be filed for any combined damage over $500
Old 01-31-2008, 12:26 PM

You need to make sure that everything is thoroughly inspected. The bumper cover is just part of the energy absorbtion system, some of that stuff is toast after it absorbs the impact once. Sometimes this damage is more expensive than just the bumper cover.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:22 PM

I was in an accident awhile ago. The guy in my accident was at fault. He also wanted to settle without insurance involvment. Fast forward over 6 months. I was still trying to get my vehicle fixed and he was ignoring me.

There is a reason you pay an ungodly amount to the insurance company's every month. For Protection! Use the protection you pay for. Turn it in to your insurance company and let them deal with it. They will get you a check/repair as soon as they inspect it and then its their problem. Most likely its all on him, if he is at fault.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:04 PM

I freaked, I thought you got hit AGAIN Sindy!

Then I noticed the dates.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:16 PM

Well at least someone searched for something. Maybe... We know the brought back from the archives threads, but some of them are good to bring back like the paint chipping issue/runningboards. Could have a contest to see who can guess how many of those threads are out there..
Old 06-01-2008, 07:13 PM

Yeah, but it sure skeert me!
Old 06-01-2008, 07:23 PM

Scared me too.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
I freaked, I thought you got hit AGAIN Sindy!

Then I noticed the dates.
I just got my car repaired last week. I was slow to get estimates and just didn't want to be without my car for a few days.

The first estimate the shop wanted to just patch the holes on the bumper. That was unacceptable to me. I didn't pay $22K+ to have a car that had a hole in the bumper to just be patched. Yeah, yeah, once fixed no one would know or even tell the difference, but I would know it was that way. So... I went to another shop and got an estimate for the entire bumper to be replaced.

Brand new rear bumper and I'm a happy camper! I was only without my car for 3 days.... and that was painful!
Old 06-03-2008, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
I just got my car repaired last week. I was slow to get estimates and just didn't want to be without my car for a few days.

The first estimate the shop wanted to just patch the holes on the bumper. That was unacceptable to me. I didn't pay $22K+ to have a car that had a hole in the bumper to just be patched. Yeah, yeah, once fixed no one would know or even tell the difference, but I would know it was that way. So... I went to another shop and got an estimate for the entire bumper to be replaced.

Brand new rear bumper and I'm a happy camper! I was only without my car for 3 days.... and that was painful!
and the cost was????
Old 06-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Founding Member

$950
parts, labor, paint, remove and replace special custom bumper pad.

Quick Reply: A real Derelict on cell phone rear ended RARE HHR!