War Stories HHR vs all

Rental Car Hell

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 12:50 PM

Rental Car Hell

So some ditz in her Land Rover decides to plogh into the back of my HHR claiming that "the lane next to us was moving forward". I can take that. But when I take my beast into the shop, Enterprise comes to pick me up and shuttle me to their shop for a rental. I told them I wanted a comparable car. What do they bring me? A PT Cruiser! They didn't seem to understand my revulsion.

But get this: they told me I was only cleared by the ditz's insurance company for a "standard" rental, so that is what they offered me, a stadard car replacement....but that the HHR is listed as a "premium" car. One call to ditz insurance and I was cleared out out PT hell.

So they brought me a station wagon thing...forgot the name but growing up in nothing but station wagons, I was horrified. I pointed at the F-150 and they said it was even more money, but a bit of schmoozin' and they gave me a free upgrade. Needless to say my kids are getting a kick out of the pick up...maybe too much.

So, for those of you keeping score at home:

PT Cruiser = standard ride.............................................. ..HHR = PREMIUM RIDE

Yeah, I know --------> "Like that's news to us!", but its now confirmed by corporate America!
Old 09-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Founding Member

whewww. what a relief, no PT!
Old 09-24-2006, 01:16 PM

See...we knew all along the HHR was a premium ride. It has now been confirmed by Enterprise...thank you very much.

Glad you weren't stuck with the PT Cruiser...guess some people don't realize there's a little ribbing going on betwen the HHR & PT.

Hope all is well and the ditz insurance takes care of you. I'm sure you'll fare a little better than we are. They haven't even offered us a rental yet. Will wait til the adjuster comes to take a peek at the Honda and hit them up then. Hopefully Mon or Tues this week.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Krejaton
So, for those of you keeping score at home:

PT Cruiser = standard ride.............................................. ..HHR = PREMIUM RIDE

Priceless.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:30 PM

Why is everyone so down on the PT Cruiser here? I have driven a few of them and thought they drove fine. Also I doubt our HHR's would have ever been built if it were not for the PT selling the retro look. I do like my HHR better but I still don't think the PT is a bad car, especially the turbo version. It seems obvious that the comparable car, to the rental car company (if a HHR was not offered) would be the PT Cruiser.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by AMHobby
Why is everyone so down on the PT Cruiser here? I have driven a few of them and thought they drove fine. Also I doubt our HHR's would have ever been built if it were not for the PT selling the retro look. I do like my HHR better but I still don't think the PT is a bad car, especially the turbo version. It seems obvious that the comparable car, to the rental car company (if a HHR was not offered) would be the PT Cruiser.

I think some of it is that we get mistaken for the PT all the time and we want our own idenity.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:37 PM

PT Haters

Originally Posted by TX-HHR
I think some of it is that we get mistaken for the PT all the time and we want our own idenity.
The more I see the PT, the less it looks like the HHR. Although they have the same Pedigree, The HHR is more refined, retro, more nostalgic. The PT was a first draft, the HHR is the FINAL Product. I`m sure glad I waited, and I`m also grateful to the PT designer for letting me see the FUTURE.
I Love My RIDE.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:19 PM

It's all in fun..the picking on the PT's. I had been wanting one for years until the time came to actually buy a new car. I went and test drove one and didn't like the feel and saw an HHR on the way home. The rest is history as they say. I'm thankful for the guy who designed the PT...he had a vision and designed it...then came to the Chevrolet camp and worked some more magic.

Krejaton...hope things work well with your accident. Please keep us updated on how things are going. Good luck with the ditz's insurance company.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
It's all in fun..the picking on the PT's. I had been wanting one for years until the time came to actually buy a new car. I went and test drove one and didn't like the feel and saw an HHR on the way home. The rest is history as they say. I'm thankful for the guy who designed the PT...he had a vision and designed it...then came to the Chevrolet camp and worked some more magic.

Krejaton...hope things work well with your accident. Please keep us updated on how things are going. Good luck with the ditz's insurance company.

Well said Deb Name:  signs064.gif
Views: 22
Size:  4.1 KB
Old 09-24-2006, 08:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AMHobby
Name:  catbut.gif
Views: 25
Size:  12.5 KB
Name:  brownpt.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  11.2 KB
Name:  pt20cruiser.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  7.3 KB

Quick Reply: Rental Car Hell