General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Censorship

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 07:18 PM

Censorship

It's been over a year since I last posted to this site, mostly because the site 'censor' didn't like a comment I made. If I accuse someone of working for GM, it's only a problem if it's true. That would mean the 'censor' must work for GM.
I posted a comment regarding E3 spark plugs and was rebuff by many people. I don't believe, or would like to believe, that everyone on this site does NOT work for GM. Free speech and free thinking is a founding fundamental of our way of life. So, whoever you are Mr. Censor, get over yourself. You aren't any more right or wrong than I am.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:20 PM

I do not believe any of our mods are here to abuse censorship. However will not tolerate fighting or stating an augment of who is correct.

Are there times that we may have judged too quickly? Yes, but in most cases we will have a discussion over potential problems and then agree on what action to take.

I assure you the mods do not work for GM. We are here to keep the site and post clean and orderly. I believe we are doing a good job of that so far.

We promote people to post of there experiences and opinions there will always be people that don't agree with your experiences or your opinions.

Thats where at times the arguments start. Arguments are destructive to the site and the info can mislead others looking for good information.

At that point we will close or delete the post for further review.

I am closing this thread because I believe it is going nowhere other than an attack to our staff.

I'm sorry if this offends you but to post on a forum you should have big shoulders to accept criticism and the disagreement of others.

I will be more that happy to answer any of your questions in a private forum.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:31 AM
Deceased

As the Administrator of ChevyHHR.net, I can personally assure you that none of my staff or myself work for GM.

Yes, we do accept advertising money from GM through our corporate owners at Internet Brands, but that money comes with no strings attached.

If GM exercised any editorial control over this site, I would resign on principle. And yes I'm a loyal GM customer.

But I've "called" them on issues over the years and the site has gone to bat with GM in efforts to resolve issues for our members from warranty coverage to dealerships that barely have the right to be called dealerships.

As far as the E-3 plugs are concerned, they may work like a treat in Brand-X vehicles, but hard fought experience by members here has proved over and over again the E-3 Plugs + Ecotec Engines = Trouble. Plain and simple.

As Lucky stated above, you can contact him, me, or any of my staff of Moderators via PM to discuss your concerns. But attacks on the staff Will Not be tolerated in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited by 843de; 06-17-2015 at 02:37 AM.