General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

thoughts on these 2 HHR's

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 01:23 PM

havent bought none yet but i was looking over the ones carfax and had missed till today that it was in an accident. it says a front impact but drivable. since that they put on 40,000 more miles. would you be concerned of it being in one? thanks
Old 09-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Technical Moderator

Depends. Alignment, the body is the frame. Airbag deployments must be repaired correctly. what else was damaged. What else was fixed by an amateur. The fact that carfax knows about it at least, means that the insurance company paid somebody to fix it, they can hand the owner a check and say "get it fixed" was it fixed, by whom? Did the owner take the money and now expect you to pay for the repairs?
Old 09-08-2016, 02:34 PM

car fax says "accident reported involving front impact with another vehicle front area primarily damaged vehicle drivable"

just found this too on the carfax. "registration issued or renewed vehicle color noted as black"

plus what does "vehicle serviced" mean on the carfax? when it also says oil and filter changed then the vehicle serviced?

Last edited by Oldblue; 09-08-2016 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Housekeeping
Old 09-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
I'm a little confused by the ad and pictures for the 2008. Ad says 5 speed but the pictures seem to show an automatic shifter and brake pedal.
Also looks to be the SS style rear spoiler and the running boards seem to actually be the SS style side "skirts"( if I'm looking correctly) and not boards.

Not sure if these mods are because it's a special edition or if the previous owner did them.
FMG, that Black one is a Shadow Edition. I had one, and the Side Skirts and the Rear Spoiler were included. As was a 6 disc changer, and a sunroof in the one I had. OEM Mods put on at the Factory as part of the package.

Originally Posted by DIESAHL
plus what does "vehicle serviced" mean on the carfax? when it also says oil and filter changed then the vehicle serviced?
Vehicle Serviced means that the vehicle was likely taken to a dealership or somewhere else that reports an oil change or something like that. You can likely go to a dealership and have them pull a service record by VIN and that will tell you.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:30 PM
Technical Moderator

Originally Posted by LawDog88
Vehicle Serviced means that the vehicle was likely taken to a dealership or somewhere else that reports an oil change or something like that. You can likely go to a dealership and have them pull a service record by VIN and that will tell you.
IF it was serviced at a GM dealership.

There is absolutely no need to make 3 one line posts. You can go back and edit the first post and add sentences.
Attached Thumbnails thoughts on these 2 HHR's-edit.png  
Old 09-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Administrator

I've merged them to clean up this thread
Old 09-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Banned

Wow Brew... you sure know how to berate someone. Remind me again why you're a Mod?

If you are going to be rude, then don't post about it. Just fix the problem, and send them a PM, instead of making them look stupid to everyone else.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:52 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LawDog88
Wow Brew... you sure know how to berate someone. Remind me again why you're a Mod?

If you are going to be rude, then don't post about it. Just fix the problem, and send them a PM, instead of making them look stupid to everyone else.
lawdog88, since you made your "beef" public, I will do the same.

If you consider Don's post to be berating you, you need to have a long hard look at it. How you consider that to be berating you is way beyond me. His post does not make you look "stupid" - but if you take it that way, we can't help your state of mind.

If Don had addressed it the post to me, I most certainly would not have been offended at all. Not everyone here knows all the features of the site here - and a reminder or suggestion from time to time can help make it easier for some of the members.

You can however, consider this post to be berating you. Yes, I could have sent a PM, as you suggested, but did not do so, just like you did on your post berating Don.

Henceforth, if you have a "beef" I'd suggest you do it via a PM.

Lawdog88 - Consider this discussion CLOSED.

UPDATE: Lawdog88 has clarified that he himself was not feeling berated , but that he felt that the OP would/could have been.

Please be aware that the mods, or other members for that matter, might often offer a suggestion on how to better utilize the site here (tips and hints if you will). I don't think any one of us here know all the ins and outs of the features of the site here - mods included. So if anyone offers a suggestion such as the EDIT feature, or the Search tool for that matter, please take it as a tips and hints - no offence is meant.

Also please understand that due to time constraints, mods and other members may not always have the time to go that extra mile to do a few searches or edits etc. to help you out. We can just do what we can do at the time.

(now back to the game - Go HAWKS!)

Last edited by whopper; 09-11-2016 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:55 PM
Platinum Member

DIESAUL - our apologies for letting your thread get hijacked.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:49 PM

not a problem.