2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

2.0 LDK Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 09:01 PM

I am having a custom engine cover being made right now. I don't know if I want to cover the valve cover or not. I will show it and ask you all what you think. Pict coming soon.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:58 PM

Your engine looks incredible.

Too bad most of that work is not visible once installed.

These engines are so trick!

Your pictures are great!
Old 08-11-2016, 10:07 PM

Thanks LT4Man. Appreciate the kind words. This project has cost me about double from where I thought I would be when I first started. Lol makes it a little easier to swallow with the nice comments.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Powermizer
This project has cost me about double from where I thought I would be when I first started. Lol makes it a little easier to swallow with the nice comments.
Isn't that always the case. One thing leads to another, which leads to another, and well while I have it this far why not do this..... been there done that and have a number of different tee shirts most of which are oil stained. I'm going through the same thing with mine. The real beauty of this is that we started with replacement motors and not the one in the car.

Just think, when you replace motors you will have another one to do..
Old 08-12-2016, 09:15 AM

Just think, when you replace motors you will have another one to do..[/QUOTE]

HAHA Thanks Dennis. I am already in trouble with this one. i don't need another one. lol
Old 08-13-2016, 10:51 AM

What engine break in procedure do you guys use? What oil?

Are you using a catch can?
Old 08-13-2016, 11:17 AM

I am using Comp Cam's beak in oil.

I have always used the same procedure for break in on auto engines for years.

With this engine, being we can't prime it easily, I will unplug injectors, spin engine over until I get oil pressure, then plug injectors in and start engine. I don't like letting the engine just sitting at idle, there are to many parts that are lubed by spray, so I will start and raise RPM to 2000-2500 and leave it there for 10-15 minutes. Then idle and see if I have any issues. I make sure everything is topped off, then I go for a drive. I like mild accelerations for a few times, and I don't rev it past 4,000 rpm. When I get to 4000 rpm I down shift and use engine braking to slow car, and I will keep down shifting to take advantage of the engine braking. After a few times of that I will not boost hi, but rev out to 6000 and use engine braking again a couple of times. By this time the rings should be happily seated. I then will still try to keep boost mild and drive for about 500 miles then get the break in oil out. There is more than one way to skin a cat but that is how I have done it.

As for oil catch can, I am going to use 2. One on. PCV side the other on turbo side. I haven't figured exactly how I am going to plumb the turbo side since I will have a different turbo. I have a couple of thoughts on that for later.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:37 AM

Cool beans. Exactly why I was asking... I've read tons of different different ways and everyone swears by whatever they do. I was just going to use some 5/30 and run it for a while then put in Mobil 1, but I should look at the Comp Cam oil.

I am using 2 catch cans too. My int mani has oil coating on 2/3 runners but not 1/4 so it has to be coming through the port pretty good during vac. It looks pretty easy to use the stock mani and check valve location. Tap and plug the hole in the pvc port on the head. Drill a hole in the head just above the mani. Tap for a barbed fitting and run that to a can then drill/tap just before the valve in the mani. As for the turbo side I'm just using a DDM can.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:43 AM

after I typed that I just thought of another way that seems easier... could drill into the valve cover and thatd leave me more room...
Old 08-13-2016, 11:44 AM

You need to read the installing oil catch can thread. https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l...tch-can-54350/ I wouldn't drill the head. Or valve cover.
It's funny that I found this forum because of that thread. I was looking at images and saw a picture of what I had done. I thought I was the smart guy!! Lol

Quick Reply: 2.0 LDK Build