2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

BTF Bigwheel Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
from what i understand that might not be true. we will have to wait to see... also just wanted to say,no one is "stuck" with a tune. i can take it off and get an hptuners if i choose to do so lol.
lol, true you could spend some more $$ for another tune...then you could switch between the two to see which one you liked better! Wish we had the kind of money to toss around to try all the different tunes =-) I thought that's what this forum was for!
Old 11-19-2008, 03:43 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by mightymouse
from what i understand that might not be true. we will have to wait to see... also just wanted to say,no one is "stuck" with a tune. i can take it off and get an hptuners if i choose to do so lol.
Please provide something substantive, along with a source. Regarding any tune updates, my 2 sources are Bill Hahn, Jr., himself, and Engineering Support at BSR in Sweden. Regarding transferrability of the unit/tune, it's clearly stated in the license agreement on the product, and has also been directly substantiated by both Bill and BSR Engineering Support.

As for being stuck... the only implication was that you couldn't "cash out" or upgrade WITH THE BSR. Of course you can always use another tune. Duh.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:01 PM

"I have the Hahn tuner for 5sp. , due to a totaled SS I would be happy to make someone a great deal if it could be reconfigured for your car???" posted by hog wild....what did he ever find out?
Old 11-20-2008, 01:44 AM

I would think if it was totaled and he had access,it would be better to pull the whole control box out as this is what the tune is keyed to,correct?Then someone has the opertunity to swap out without reprogramming..but if the vehicle is gone...he has a nice paper weight!