2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Couple Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 08:20 PM

Question Couple Questions

1.Ive searched on here and cant seem to find anything but anyway how much hp/TQ and the SS auto handle? Im almost done buying parts and im ready to buy my tune...Im hoping to be around the 290-300hp range.

2. Anyone with a auto SS notice the car jerk a little when cruising between 35 and 40? Its not a rough jerk justa acts like its downshifting or shifting I cant tell.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:30 PM

1. Off the top of my head, I'd say you are fine in the 300hp range. It is more about how your tune brings in the torque rather than how much. You'd be fine at 400hp as long as it was not applied too abruptly in the wrong gear. (and your engine internals stayed happy)

2. No. Only feel an actual shift. I'm not too sure what you might be feeling. Maybe 3rd to 4th on an incline? Before I installed the solid engine mount, I could feel the shifts but not hear the rpm change.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Breadfan
1. Off the top of my head, I'd say you are fine in the 300hp range. It is more about how your tune brings in the torque rather than how much. You'd be fine at 400hp as long as it was not applied too abruptly in the wrong gear. (and your engine internals stayed happy)

2. No. Only feel an actual shift. I'm not too sure what you might be feeling. Maybe 3rd to 4th on an incline? Before I installed the solid engine mount, I could feel the shifts but not hear the rpm change.
Ok cool, As of right now im going trifecta tune simply because its the most convenient and dont wanna drive 3-5 hours away to get HPtuned. And as for the transmission jerk maybe im being dramatic. im thinking its a shift, there isnt any other noticeable things happening as far as rpm jump or anything. I asked my gf if she could feel it and she said no.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:12 PM

I was going to say torque converter lock up, but that shouldn't happen until ~ 48 MPH
Old 07-05-2012, 04:53 AM

I could feel that converter lockup or shift in my old 2.4 only did it in one area for me right around 40.
I never feel that happen in my auto ss though.
Just curios why you are not considering the gm Turbo upgrade.
People here like foolmoon are laying down some pretty good numbers with tje gmtu.
Also from what I have read if I did not have a warranty
I would go with a n hp tune over Trifecta.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
I could feel that converter lockup or shift in my old 2.4 only did it in one area for me right around 40.
I never feel that happen in my auto ss though.
Just curios why you are not considering the gm Turbo upgrade.
People here like foolmoon are laying down some pretty good numbers with tje gmtu.
Also from what I have read if I did not have a warranty
I would go with a n hp tune over Trifecta.
In my opinion the Gm upgrade isnt worth the money when I can get more power Hptuned or Trifecta for not even half the price (no offense to anyone) now if I was concerned with my warranty I would get the GM upgrade.. Im gonna be running some parts that I wanna get tuned for aswell. I would love to have HPtuners over trifecta I just cant see myself paying that much for it then having to find someone to tune me/send me a tune file. HP is not out of the picture though. I know personally a half dozen people tirfecta tuned and dont have any problems. Sure the car may be off on the first tune but thats with every tune, thats what data logging is for. If trifecta was that bad no one would buy from him. They put up a group buy for the new trifecta tune and it was filled in a day on cobaltss.net