2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 06:34 AM

fuel economy affect

Originally Posted by longhornss
How does this upgrade affect fuel economy. I know that is not a major concern for most but as a daily driver at 80 cents a leter for regular.....
The official numbers are the same as production. However, there is some indication that mpg is better with the kit. Check out "Flash's Owner" comments over on www.solsticeforum.com.

But remember fuel economy is directly related to the weight of you right foot. You use the power you burn more fuel!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:37 AM

Install Cost?

Originally Posted by MetallicaMatt
whats the install cost?

I believe the dealer would have to install it for the warranty to be valid?

Lets say I do the work myself, will I beable to drive to the dealership to have them update the ECU or whatever the dealership needs to do?

(If the dealership agrees to that)

The recommended install time at a delaer is 1 hour. So at $90/hr it should cost $90. That being said a dealer does not have to stick to the reccommendation. A self install is ok but the vehicle should not be driven with the new sensors and old cal. SO getting the HHR to the dealer would be a problem unless you have a trailer or a bunch of friends to push.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:41 AM

Dealer charges

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
In the DFW area most dealers charge 1.0 hour to just re-program. So I don't think you will find many to install the sensors and program for that price. But you may be able to in your area. Also on 2008 and up you can no longer do remote programming. Which means you can't have a tech load the program into a Tech II and bring it to your house. '08 and up are either direct programming or require the use of a MDI which is the Tech II replacement.
In the first install, no training, sensors were installed and calibration downloaded in slightly less than 1 hour. So 1 hour is reasonalble but as I stated earlier the install charges are up to the dealer.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:45 AM

'08 to '09 differences

Originally Posted by Dr_Jekyll
Welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing with us. But, what is different in the '09s from the '08s to cause the delay?
Emission Certification due to very slight changes in the requirements.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by CGYHHRSS
So am I reading this right? AT and MT are both rated at 290Hp/315Ft/lbs after the install? So AT gains 55HP out of this?

I assume the 08 kit is available in Canada then, immediately?
you are correct on both points
Old 12-11-2008, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by turbotech
That guy, I guess you never ordered from GMParts direct. Better add some shipping to that $473.20 to the tune of about a hundred bucks. Tack on some North Carolinatax of 30 bucks and you got 6 bills. Not installed.

I don't live in NC and the $94 in shipping has to be a mistake for a couple of small plastic bags. More like $9 in shipping. Anyway this is just an example of a price for this kit that companies are charging.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by That guy
I don't live in NC and the $94 in shipping has to be a mistake for a couple of small plastic bags. More like $9 in shipping. Anyway this is just an example of a price for this kit that companies are charging.
No mistake on shipping charges. That is how GMPartsdirect makes its money. Check it out at their site. Click on add to card and checkout. it will have the shipping and handling there.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:07 AM

You Texas boys need to come to the HHR national meet this summer in Branson so I can show you how to drive.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by More_Torque_More_HP
you are correct on both points
Great! This baby is gonna be even more trouble in the snow next year!!
Old 12-11-2008, 08:35 AM

Sounds Great !!

Quick Reply: GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit