2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

GM Stage Kit Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 05:31 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by Yonash
now we know about that boss removal. i think i will go ahead and do it myself before i take the kit to the dealership for the install.
The boss removal is for the stock plastic pipes. You should be fine with your HRC cold-side IC pipe.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by XXL
The boss removal is for the stock plastic pipes. You should be fine with your HRC cold-side IC pipe.
i never was able to afford the HRC pipes... i wish i could!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:11 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by Yonash
i never was able to afford the HRC pipes... i wish i could!
Sorry. I thought you had those as well. In that case... get the Dremel out.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:03 AM

Well my stage kit was installed today and it is absolutely.......Oh wait I have not got the car back yet.

As I stated before I was having some warranty work done at the same time and I got a call at 7:30 tonight from the service department with "bad news". Apparently the small coolant leak and coolant smell in the cabin was not so small. I have a blown "turbo cooling system by-pass" Not exactly sure what this is, but I was told the vehicle is unsafe to drive and that the dealer could not release the car to me in good faith until it is fixed. Here is the kicker, The part is not available, so they have to have one shipped from the assembly line and it will be here Monday at the soonest. Probably fixed on Tuesday. I am in a rental 09 hhr LT until then. I got all excited about having an opportunity to test the stage kit before the huge storm we are getting right now and my hopes were ripped from me by a faulty part. My review of this stage kit will have to wait I guess.

SPPD
Old 12-19-2008, 08:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SPPD
Well my stage kit was installed today and it is absolutely.......Oh wait I have not got the car back yet.

As I stated before I was having some warranty work done at the same time and I got a call at 7:30 tonight from the service department with "bad news". Apparently the small coolant leak and coolant smell in the cabin was not so small. I have a blown "turbo cooling system by-pass" Not exactly sure what this is, but I was told the vehicle is unsafe to drive and that the dealer could not release the car to me in good faith until it is fixed. Here is the kicker, The part is not available, so they have to have one shipped from the assembly line and it will be here Monday at the soonest. Probably fixed on Tuesday. I am in a rental 09 hhr LT until then. I got all excited about having an opportunity to test the stage kit before the huge storm we are getting right now and my hopes were ripped from me by a faulty part. My review of this stage kit will have to wait I guess.

SPPD
Damn that sucks but at least they're fixing everything
Old 12-19-2008, 10:25 AM

Thanks so much to Turbotech, Chevy Mgr, and More Torque for your invaluable help.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:44 PM

Updated Document ID: 1910765 for stage kit.

Updated Document ID: 1910765 for stage kit.

Look this over and make sure it is correct with the changes that need to made for the HHR wiring.
Attached Thumbnails GM Stage Kit Installed!!!-1910765-stage-drawing.jpg  
Old 12-20-2008, 07:42 PM

What if this piece is not trimmed?

Originally Posted by SPPD
What will happen if this piece is not trimmed? Maybe a dumb question, but mine is being installed right now as we speak and I don't want them to screw anything up.

Thanks,

SPPD
The sensor will be installed at an angle and the o-ring will be trying to seal on an angle. There is a chance for a leak.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:54 AM

Just had my kit installed at the dealer yesterday & all i can say WOW!

I have the auto & i am seeing 20 to 21lbs boost. I think the kit is well worth the money & still able to keep the factory warranty.

If there was just a way to change the shift points on the auto's
Old 12-21-2008, 09:02 AM

You can change the shift points.... It's called H/P Tuners....you should check into it....Where in Texas are you from?

Quick Reply: GM Stage Kit Installed!!!