2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Hahn, Dejon, or ZZP. Whats the best

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
wow,these threads on which is the best... i can honestly say my hahn stuff fit with no problems. my pipes do what they are suppose to and not crack.i live in an area of extreme weather too. last feb we had a high of 18 for almost a week. this summer we got as high as 108-120 heat index. my end tanks have yet to crack. set up been on car for almost 3 years and no problems.

my best advice to ANYONE is:
1. you get what you pay for
2. who or whatever you decide,try to keep everything in the same family. makes it easier to get things fixed or replaced. what i mean by that is,one company can't blame the other for the failed part.when ALL of the parts come from the same manuf.,there is no/little wiggle room.
I'm glad ur endtanks have not shot through the side of ur front fascia. I hope mine doesn't either. If they do u better believe I will let people know because I would want others to know wut MAY happen. The thread was not meant to bash any products but I'm glad to have people speak up on problems I never knew about. I strive for 100% excellence in MY line of work. I would expect others to do the same.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:33 AM

I would go with the new ZZP intercooler , With Increased Clearance Option ,

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-...option-262678/
Old 10-11-2011, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by XtremeSS
I'm glad ur endtanks have not shot through the side of ur front fascia. I hope mine doesn't either. If they do u better believe I will let people know because I would want others to know wut MAY happen. The thread was not meant to bash any products but I'm glad to have people speak up on problems I never knew about. I strive for 100% excellence in MY line of work. I would expect others to do the same.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:35 AM

Ditto here Mightymouse, going on three years with HAHN bolt-ons. Never an issue. it snows in the winter, blisters in the summer. No probs.

Also if you pay close attention to those that have had issues.... most of them are trying to push the envelope. 24-30PSI will not pop welds(welds don't break, the metal around the weld fails) end-tanks poping before the couplers let loose? me thinks floating valve with detonation in the pipes. or hot gasses, cold IC = thermal tearing, as the metal expandes quicker than the welds