2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Hahn, Dejon, or ZZP. Whats the best

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 10:36 PM

Matt at zzp runs that intercooler piping on his 500 plus hp lnf balt so I see no issues with the silicone.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:12 PM

I am no expert but I would expect the silicone to stretch under high boost pressure therefore causing more boost lag or less boost in general, but like I said I am no expert. If anyone has more knowledge on this please feel free to clear the air.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Premium Member

Crazy steves is solid and affordable/ dejon pipes works good.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:56 AM

IIRC ZZP pipes have the fewest pieces so less places for leaks to occur.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
ZZP
Can I use the ZZP with the stock airbox and is it worth it to use silicone? I haven't really looked at the hot side pipe but have trimmed the cold side rubber coupling at the IC to slide it forward and give the MAP more clearance from the AC comp. I tried to remove it from the pipe but had no success.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Victory Red SS
Can I use the ZZP with the stock airbox and is it worth it to use silicone? I haven't really looked at the hot side pipe but have trimmed the cold side rubber coupling at the IC to slide it forward and give the MAP more clearance from the AC comp. I tried to remove it from the pipe but had no success.
yes you use stock air box with ZZP hot side charge pipe. mine fits like a glove and looks great. one piece of pipe with very nice silicone couplers.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
yes you use stock air box with ZZP hot side charge pipe. mine fits like a glove and looks great. one piece of pipe with very nice silicone couplers.

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by 09 Silver Bullett
ZZP Intercooler, C.I.A Boost pipes I think are better.

http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/
This is the combo I just purchased today. Thanks for referring me to CIA. Their upper charge pipe is nice as it is one solid piece from the turbo to the lower pipe.

I called Dan @ CIA and he was more than helpful. He talked with me for about a 1/2 hour. It was pleasure to deal with him. If his product is as perfect as customer service then I don't see why anyone would chose another company for their boost piping. I mean the piping is 100% mandrel bent, comes with silicone couplers and t-bolt clamps, and ALL the piping is powdercoated to boot.

ZZP intercooler will be here by Monday and piping will be here next Friday(have to wait for the powder coat). Needless to say I am very excited for this install.

Thanks to everyone who gave me input on this subject. DP, exhaust, and trifecta next
Old 10-06-2011, 06:33 AM

No problem. I think C.I.A. has the best boost piping available. As you know, it has one less coupler which not only means one less joint for a boost leak, it is a much cleaner look installed. Just make sure you have the T-Bolts tight before you drive it. If not, a dent in the hood will occur. Cold side is a pain in the ass but they all are, even the stock.

Be patient, their shipping can be a little slow but the product is top notch.

Good luck!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:40 AM

wow,these threads on which is the best... i can honestly say my hahn stuff fit with no problems. my pipes do what they are suppose to and not crack.i live in an area of extreme weather too. last feb we had a high of 18 for almost a week. this summer we got as high as 108-120 heat index. my end tanks have yet to crack. set up been on car for almost 3 years and no problems.

my best advice to ANYONE is:
1. you get what you pay for
2. who or whatever you decide,try to keep everything in the same family. makes it easier to get things fixed or replaced. what i mean by that is,one company can't blame the other for the failed part.when ALL of the parts come from the same manuf.,there is no/little wiggle room.

Quick Reply: Hahn, Dejon, or ZZP. Whats the best